Linksys WRT54G V7 firmware update?

Can anyone point me to a place to download an updated firmware for a Linksys WRT54G version 7? Currently v7.00.1 is installed.

I'm forced to look for an official firmware upgrade since there is not enough RAM for either openwrt or dd-wrt. This version is plagued by various flaws and needed an upgrade, but some hardware differences make it incompatible with all other hardware versions. The Linksys website doesn't even offer an upgrade anymore and goes straignt from V6 to V8. Some years old posts found around the Net suggest there was an update, but all links are now dead.

Not going to do anything serious with that junk, but at least It won't become a doorstopper.

Thanks for any help!

Reply to
asdf
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
That link is to the V7.00.8 firmware

Reply to
Eagle

Thanks. For some reason I could read the directory of that ftp server but downloading was impossible, however knowing the name of the file was enough to find it elsewhere. Will test it asap.

formatting link

Thanks again!

Reply to
asdf

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.