Windows 98 driver for D-Link DWL-G122 ver. D1

Hi,

D-Link only has drivers for Windows 2000/XP available for the DWL-G122 ver. D1 USB wireless device. The device appears to be based on a Marvell chipset, but I can't find drivers that work with it on Marvell's website for any operating system. Does anyone know of any drivers that might work with this device under Windows 98? Perhaps there are devices made by other manufacturers using the same chipset that have drivers for Windows 98 that might work with this device. There doesn't seem to be much info out there yet about Marvell based USB devices.

Thanks, Mark

Reply to
espexplorer
Loading thread data ...

snipped-for-privacy@iname.com cried out

Try the following link, its from driverguide

formatting link

Reply to
Rosco

It's interesting that the A1 and A2 versions have support for W98, WinME, W2K, and XP. Then comes the B1 version that drops support for W98. Then comes the D1 version that drops support for WinME. I think I see a trend. However, if the products look the same inside (same chipset), you might be able to get away with using one of the older drivers. Easiest way is to check the FCC ID page and look at the inside photos. Compare A1 photos with D1 photos. If they're close, you might be able to get the A1 drivers to work.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Version FCC ID A1, A2 KA2-2003110038-1 B1 KA2-DWLG122B1 D1 KA2-DWLG122D1

formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Wow, that site's awesome, Jeff. The pics show a Marvell logo on the main chip in the D1 and the A versions have the Intersil logo. I think I tried the A1/A2 drivers already without success. By the date the FCC ID was granted, it looks like the D1 was released at the end of October or beginning of November 2005.

Yeah, it definitely looks like support for pre-2000 Windows versions has been phased out.

Mark

Reply to
espexplorer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.