I have a D-Link DWL-G122 which I have successfully used with a Netgear WGR614v5 router. It works on one of my PCs (WinXP Pro) but when I move it to another it just can't connect.
The PC that fails is also a WinXP Pro with an almost identical software setup. Except maybe for dotNET 2.0 instead of 1.1
At the hardware level, the motherboards are different. The one that works is MSI and the one that fails is Gigabyte 8S661FXMP-RZ.
When I say it won't connect, I should say that sometimes it sees the network, and gets the SSID, but it can't get an IP. Most times it can't even see the network.
I have tried all the usual,
- putting it within 2 or 3 metres line of sight to the router
- disabling encryption at both ends
- using both Windows then the D-Link to connect
- Uninstalling then re-installing the drivers
- made sure I have the latest drivers
Has anyone else had a problem with the DWL-G122 (rev B1) and a8S661FXMP-RZ based PC?
thanks for any help Merc