Linksys BEFW11S4 v.4 Wireless connection

Hrm, been there done that, my befw1s4 v4 is dying slowly, I know I need to replace it but I have it temporarily fixed, but now I just have a question. Lately I have found that it doesn't lock up nearly as much if I disable all port fowarding, triggering, and wireless. Also removing the antennas helps dramatically. Today I got curious though, I was going out to the garage to work on my car but wanted to hear my mp3's stored on my desktop so I grabbed my laptop, enabled wireless and connected to my router, thing is, I forgot to hook back up the antannas, yet I still had full signal from about ten feet away where I keep my laptop. Of course I reconnected the antennas right then so I could go to the garage but I am wondering, is the transmission strength really that strong or is my laptop's integrated card just that powerfull?

Atheros AR5005G integrated card on a Tohsiba Satellite L25

Any comments?

Reply to
Rosco
Loading thread data ...

Are you sure you connecting to your router and not a neighbor's?

I see this a lot if you havn't changed your SSID. In fact it could be why you are having wireless trouble in the first place.

Reply to
Cliff Hartle

Cliff Hartle cried out

oh no, changed it along time ago my ssid is "Creative" other ssid's in the area are "beachhouse", "linksys" and "default" it is connecting to my "Creative"

Reply to
Rosco

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.