My router can't be restored!

Hey all,

Well, today i accidently disabled the dhcp thingy, and now my entire home is unable to go on the net except for my desktop which is using the cable inserted directly into it. Im using a Belkin F5D7230-4 router, i can go online using my local area connection, however, i have to check the box stating "Obtain a ip address automatically" and " obtain a DNS server automatically" before that, i had my laptop, ps3, ipod touch and mobile phone could be able to connect to the internet, now it can't.

It started because i changed my ip from 192.168.2.1 to

192.168.2.146 , i changed it because i was setting up a static ip address, after changing it, a toolbox pop-up and said "Ip error, Another computer is using this ip" and immediately, i was disconnected, i switched on my laptop, and changed my ip once more to 192.168.2.1 , however, by then it was too late, i could not log on to the net.

So can anyone help me? Can i enable dhcp? i can't log on to my internet once i connect my local area cable to the router. I tried restoring my router by pressing the reset button for more than 2 mins, i also went to the belkin site and foolow all the instructions there to reset and restore my router, but it just can't.

Pls help me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
MrExile
Loading thread data ...

There should be a button on the back of the router that when pressed will reset the router to factory settings. Then using the software supplied re-install the router as per the instructions supplied with it.

Reply to
Worn out Retread

Reply to
Nemo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.