Another WiFi network always interferes with mine. Virus????

I live in a typical suburban neighborhood across the street from an elementary school. I have my network configured to run G-only with WPA2-PSK security using both TKIP & AES.

The odd thing is, frequently, I cannot connect to my network. So, I fire up KISMac and discover that another WiFi network is on the same channel as mine, and my MacBook Pro is VERY sensitive to interference (it seems). So, I switch the channel, and reconnect, everything is fine for awhile. Eventually, however, I start having trouble connecting again. When I scan in KISMac, again I discover that this other network has actually changed to be on the same channel as mine, again. In fact, it's often operating on 2-3 channels at the same time and it's always operating on the same channels as other networks in my range are operating on. It's never on its own network.

So, I'm thinking that what's going on here is that somebody or something is up to something nefarious. What do you guys think?

The network is identifying itself as Trapeze Networks and the SSID is

332ehtalO and it shows as a WEP network. I wouldn't find this odd other than that it's very suspicious that it always eventually "follows" me to whatever channel I configure my router for.

If it is for sure a virus or something, what's the best way to locate it so that I can let my neighbor know that they either have a virus or their kid is trying to hack neighborhood networks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
cloud9flyer
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.