For the life of me, I can't make a successful cable connection between
my computer and my Negear access point to make changes to the settings.
I've set the IP & subnet mask on the PC as specified by the manual, and
I've tried it from several computers. Whenever I go to the IP address
of the access point, the connection simply times out. Help!
"John Broady" hath wroth:
WG602 v1, v2 or v3 ?
1. Turn OFF the wireless on your computah. Some laptops (Toshiblah)
with autoswitching between wireless and wired connections will give
the wireless connection priority.
2. http://192.168.0.210 Has this been changed from the default? If
you don't remember the IP address, you may need to reset the WG602 to
defaults and start over with the setup using the default.
3. Have you assigned a static IP address to your computah? The WG602
does not have a DHCP server and therefore cannot assign an IP address
to your computah. This must be done manually. See install guide.
4. Cable polarity. Do the lights on both the access point and the
ethernet port light up when you shove in the cable? If not, you MIGHT
need a cross over ethernet cable.
5. Where are you plugging in the ethernet cable? Into the access
point should work, but if you have other devices (i.e. router) sitting
on an ethernet switch, you may have duplicate IP addresses. Keep it
simple and just connect the access point?
6. If all else fails, and only in final desperation, after you've
tried everything else possible, follow the proceedure in the intall