Can't connect to configure my Netgear WG602 access point

For the life of me, I can't make a successful cable connection between my computer and my Negear access point to make changes to the settings. I've set the IP & subnet mask on the PC as specified by the manual, and I've tried it from several computers. Whenever I go to the IP address of the access point, the connection simply times out. Help!

Reply to
John Broady
Loading thread data ...

"John Broady" hath wroth:

WG602 v1, v2 or v3 ?

Some possibilities.

1. Turn OFF the wireless on your computah. Some laptops (Toshiblah) with autoswitching between wireless and wired connections will give the wireless connection priority.
  2. http://192.168.0.210 Has this been changed from the default? If you don't remember the IP address, you may need to reset the WG602 to defaults and start over with the setup using the default.
  3. Have you assigned a static IP address to your computah? The WG602 does not have a DHCP server and therefore cannot assign an IP address to your computah. This must be done manually. See install guide.
  4. Cable polarity. Do the lights on both the access point and the ethernet port light up when you shove in the cable? If not, you MIGHT need a cross over ethernet cable.
  5. Where are you plugging in the ethernet cable? Into the access point should work, but if you have other devices (i.e. router) sitting on an ethernet switch, you may have duplicate IP addresses. Keep it simple and just connect the access point?
  6. If all else fails, and only in final desperation, after you've tried everything else possible, follow the proceedure in the intall guide:
    formatting link
    correct version) ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/wg602v3_install_guide.pdf
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Jeff Liebermann hath wroth:

Argh. That should be http://192.168.0.227 for the WG602.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

These are great suggestions. I will try them tonight and let you how it goes. Thanks!!!

Reply to
John Broady

Are you connecting the WG602 directly to the computers or via a hub/switch? If directly then you will probably need a crossover cable.

Reply to
Steve Pearce

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.