VPN Router/Client that works with Vista 64-bit

I'm trying to find a router for a small office that has VPN functionality. There will only be one client computer connecting to this VPN, but it's using Vista 64-bit. I haven't been able to find any routers (linksys, d-link, netgear) that come with a vpn client that works with the 64-bit versino of Vista. Can anyone recommend a basic router that works well with 64-bit vista? Please let me know what client software you use as well. thanks Jeff

Reply to
Jeff
Loading thread data ...

Fortigate with Forticlient VPN client software. Both XP 64-bit and Vista 64-bit (as well as other modern windows).

SafeNet should also have their 64-bit VPN client out by now, although I haven't tried it. This should be able to connect to just about any IPsec VPN termination device. This is what Juniper OEMs anyway for their Netscreen Remote, although their tested list is alot smaller.

Cisco ASA with their AnyConnect client software. (mostly SSL VPN, but has some IPsec aspects to it as well).

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

--Do you still need help? Joe Harris (author of Cisco Network Security, Little Black Book), unfortunately Cisco isn't going to help us out. Joe makes a recommendation though, check out his blog:

formatting link
September 12th, 2008 ? Related ? Filed Under

Filed Under: Security

You may have noticed that the Cisco IPSec VPN Client does not currently support 64-bit Operating Systems nor will it. If you have a need for an IPSec Client that does have 64-bit OS support, NCP Secure Communications has a Universal VPN Client that is 64 Bit compatible and will even import/convert your existing .pcf profiles for a seemless migration to a

64-bit client. More information regarding their products can be found by visiting their products page as well as specific configuration information related to configuring their client with Cisco products is found here: NCP to Cisco Config Guide

NCP engineering

formatting link
is recommended and this looks like the most recent data sheet--
formatting link
(second page is the detail) Hope this helps

- VPN Haus Administrator

##-----------------------------------------------## Telecom Discussions at

formatting link
access to your favorite newsgroup - comp.dcom.vpn - 1968 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
vpnhaus

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.