VPN Tunnel and VPN Client at same time

I have a Linksys VPN router which allows multiple VPN end-to-end tunnels, which works fine. However, to use a software VPN client (CheckPoint, Cisco, etc.), the router's IPSec pass-through must be enabled, which breaks the tunnel(s), and vice-versa.

Linksys has already explained that this is a limitation. I'm looking for a device (broadband router, VPN concentrator, whatever) which will allow this implementaion, or an alternative setup with perhaps 2 routers, a router and concentrator, etc.

Our new office has 5 static IPs, I'm hoping I can come up with some solution where any host w/in the LAN could use a connected VPN tunnel, while another host used a software VPN client to make a different connection.

Any help on this?

Thanks in advance! Grant

Reply to
GrantH
Loading thread data ...

Why?

Don't you have a s/w client for the linksys?

Reply to
Rick Merrill

No - The sw client is used to make a non-tunnel VPN connection, from a LAN workstation, to one of our clients somewhere outside, who are configured to connect via a regular VPN client. The tunnels are used for other clients who want the added security of an endpoint-to- endpoint dedicated tunne. With our current router, no VPN client will work unless the router's pass-through is turned on - but when turned on, the router ONLY passes the IPSec traffic, and will no longer use it for any dedicated tunnels.

Reply to
GrantH

You will have to find a simpler way to accomplish the end goal.

Reply to
Rick Merrill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.