Netgear FVS318 Router/VPN...

Hello all,

I've setup a connection between the above router and the Netgear ProSafe VPN Client using the guide I found here;

formatting link
The client connects fine but I'm unable to ping any computers on the VPN network, the two networks have different IP addressing schemes. Anyone have any ideas to fix this?

Thanks, Martin.

Reply to
Martin S.
Loading thread data ...

Hello, I'm glad to read this since we are just about to purchase and do exactly what you have done. Same Netgear Router and Software. I'm not sure if I can help but will say this. Are you still using DHCP on you gateway LAN (the one your Router is on) and you client end desktop? I know that Netgear says that you can use DHCP but it also states that "you may want to set all of you nodes to static IP's". But even then most folks I know of all have DHCP isp issued ip address' unless they pay more for a static ip address. Also curious as to any surprises you had setting it up so far? Did it go as directions other than the ping issue? Admittedly I want to know as much for myself as to help you out.

Reply to
JG

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.