Peer Platform type

Hi,

I connect to my company's network using a Cisco VPN client from Windows XP. My company does not give out VPN clients for Linux but I'd like to connect from a Linux machine. I'm facing two problems now:

1. I could not find a VPN client for Linux on the Cisco website. Probably I didn't look hard enough. I'd like some pointer on this.

1. I tried using some client that I downloaded from the internet. I get an error message saying that the Peer Platform type is not supported. What I would like to know is whether there is any setting in the VPN Concentrator that would prevent connections from a Linux machine? What are the issues that would prevent someone from turning on connections from a Linux machine? My system administrator says that he can't change the settings for one person. I would have agreed if he had told me that first up but he gave me other reasons before finally shutting me up with this one.

I would like more information on this one.

Thanks,

Raj

Reply to
Raj
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.