Netgear VPN Connection Trouble

Hello,

I configured a connection between Netgear ProSafe VPN Client and Netgear ProSafe VPN Firewall FVS114. The connection is established successfully. All logs, client side and firewall side indicate a succesfully connection.

The problem is that I am still not able to reach any hosts of the remote subnet that I configured. Anybody had a similar probelem before and not been able to reach host on the other side of the tunnel, altough it is established successfully?

Some details on the firewall: Local Subnet:

192.168.111.0 255.255.255.0

Remote: Any

On the Client: Connect through DynDNS Hostname

Thank you very much!

Reply to
Edwin
Loading thread data ...

Hello,

I know that for LAN-to-LAN VPN´s I need different local subnets. But in this case it is a Client-to-LAN connection. In the client of have to set the "Remote Party identity and Addressing" on the Firewall I have to set the "Local IP Subnet". Both have been set to 192.168.111.0/24. If I use different subnets I am not able to establish the tunnel any more.

The interesting part is that the client software indicates that it is using the tunnel connection by telling me that it is sending "secured packets" when I ping 192.168.111.2 for example. In contrast to unsecure packets when I browse the web. I still do not reach any service on the remote subnet.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
Edwin

If you have 192.168.111.0/24 on both sides you won't be able to communicate properly with each sides nodes.

Did you setup the remote node local subnet?

Reply to
Leythos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.