why ground an alarm panel.

I'd be more happy to see a system installed, or even wired correctly, grounding is the least of this Industry's problems. Grounding has little to do with a superior installation. But you would probably know that if you actually did this for a living....anyone can read things; live with it and gain experience, then you can have the wisdom to teach others, instead of preaching to others.

Reply to
Jackcsg
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
w_tom

Amazing how you always manage to wind up with your mouth wide open.

Professional hazard ... eh?

Also, how it's always you jumping in with a snotty remark cause you love to be slapped down. Happy to oblige, cue ball.

I know, I know, it's all part of that ignore thing that your asshole buddy likes to tell everyone to do ...... but can't manage to do it himself.

Well, anyway .......... f*ck you and yours for Christmas.

Reply to
Jim

Now, now Jim... Why don't you tell us how you really feel? Allan

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Uh, thanks, but you aren't capable of slapping me or anyone else down, grandpa.

Nice. js

Reply to
alarman

I'm not certain but I always thought the inside ground conductor was for the old "ground start" telephone switches. Old timers will recall that a 20+ years ago there were still ground start modules available for some alarm systems. Ground start switches (both PBX and telco switches) required a short to ground to initiate dialing.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
robertlbass

Well, there you have it.

Reply to
robertlbass

He resorts to profanity when logic won't support his arguments. There's a certain New Yorker we all know who does the same thing.

Reply to
robertlbass

About the only thing I agree with is safety. As far as fact or fiction, or reliability, guidelines lay out the course that supports these facts you speak of. However, even a poorly grounded installation, in any high or low voltage situation, when the guidelines aren't met...can cause far greater damage. I've worked in both sides of the spectrum. To say that a device, or system will have greater reliability when grounded, could be incorrect. Just because something is grounded, doesn't necessarily mean it's grounded correctly. Just because something is wired, doesn't mean it's wired correctly. Just because there are written guidelines that dictate minimum requirements, doesn't mean they're completely followed. There's no great epidemic going around to disprove you're right or wrong. The possibility exists for both. When you choose only one side of either...I call that preaching.

Reply to
Jackcsg

OMG, it IS Paul from Belgium! He went and got himself a hotmail account, and now he's preaching the virtues of grounding instead of babbling about RF interference!

Hey, Paul, are those wireless headphones properly grounded?

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Really?

Seems to me you simply take pot shots and run away.

Just like you suck a dick and run away.

Glad you liked it. It WAS a heart felt and meaningful wish.

Feel free to relish in the sentiments, you slimey dick lick.

Reply to
Jim

You'd done pretty good so far.

Why don't you keep it that way.

Reply to
Jim

Nope. I'm right here, and you don't seem to get it. You ain't slappin' anyone down. Now be a good boy and get me a beer. js

Reply to
alarman

Stay in your own yard, little doggie. You're not in charge. js

Reply to
alarman

I don't ask why they want it. I just do what they want. Sometimes it may be a weird insurance requirement. Sometimes is a high security thing and they could not tell you if you asked. And other times it is a paranoid homeowner who is nuts.

My favorite example of this is a convenience store which only had an alarm on the air conditioning ducts - insurance thing. Well I'll be darned if they didn't catch a couple of burglars going in through the ducts. They could have gone in through the doors and never tripped the alarm! But these insurance guys study the stats and know darn well where to put what. They are right on usually with their requirements and know a lot more than I do.

Reply to
Bill

Okay. This has gone on long enough. We have two crackerjack installers at each other's throat here and personally, methinks it somehow started with a misunderstanding with Bass somehow involved. I think one or the other mistook Bass for the other and hence the feud. Perhaps you two could try treating each other civilly henceforth and we'll see if we can salvage this group in spite of the bass noise? You'd both admire each other's pride of workmanship, all too rare these days, so what say we give this a fresh start for the new year?

Reply to
mikey

You just have to have something to stick in that big ol suck a dick mouth of yours ... don't cha. Suck, suck, suck. Just so the guys will say you're such a NICE boy.

Tut tut.

Reply to
Jim

And YOU are?

You can just keep on suckin that ol dick, chubbo. That'll keep you busy with your favorite past time.

Reply to
Jim

I don't EVER start it with "ol suck a dick"

Take a look back. It's always him who's got to make some f****ng remark to me, on something he's not even involved in. He just likes to take pot shots and butt in on threads that he has no other reason to be in. He knows that I don't take his brand of shit and I'll simply live up to his expectations. He likes to act like a wise ass son of a bitch and as long as he wants to play his silly games, I'll shove it right back down his throat, the way he likes it, every time. All he's got to do is shut his f****ng mouth and leave me alone. He can't seem to take his own f****ng advice and ignooooooore me .... so f*ck him, right where he likes it best. He's a frustrated, prematurely old and bald, chubbo. You know. one of those fat faggy looking guys. He's got masculine problems and likes to act like he's a tough guy. He's from California, the land of fruits and nuts, where all the NICE "different" people live, so it's understandable. So if you want to do any convincing to stop the garbage, talk to him. I only respond in a manner that people like him deserve and understand.

Reply to
Jim

It has nothing to do with our standing as installers. The trouble is that I stand up, and Jim doesn't like that. Same with RHC, Mark Leuck, and Mike Simpson, who was either driven away or lost interest. When he gets too big for his britches, he needs to be brushed back. I suspect that there are others here who feel the same way, but don't say anything for fear of incurring his wrath. Big deal. I couldn't care less what he posts, in fact it amuses me that his eight-year-old mentality shows through every time he responds to one of my posts. No matter.

A long time ago, I tried debate, but when it became apparent that I wasn't going along with his views, Jim snapped. He is in fact, incapable of rational discourse for very long, and has proven that here time and again. I poke fun at him because his arrogance makes him such an easy target, and because he can not laugh at himself. He actually believes that the worst thing he can do to someone is to accuse them of homosexuality. I mean, really, that's apparently all he's got.

I'll lay off for a while, but reserve the right to brush him back at any time should the need arise. He took the first shot long ago, and well, there ain't no rules in a knife fight, Butch. js

Reply to
alarman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.