I just installed Zone Alarm firewall

Someone suggested disabling XP's firewall to avoid conflict. Should I do that? Or is XPs firewall better?

Reply to
erk
Loading thread data ...

The odds of conflict are not high. However, you can disable Windows XP's firewall in favor of Zone Alarm, since ZA does a better job.

Reply to
NeoSadist

XP's firewall only monitors incoming traffic. It does not monitor outgoing traffic so if you got a Trojan on your machine it would remain undetected while is was "phoning home". ZoneAlarm is a much better solution. I use Zonealarm Pro, and I have disabled the XP firewall since I can't see what it's doing.

Reply to
swingman

In Message-ID: posted on Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:47:05 +0200, Ronald wrote: Begin

I recently switched to etrust EZFirewall v4.5, which appears to be very much like an enhanced version of the old ZAFree it replaced. My experience with XP-Pro was that the vsmon in ZA wouldn't load or something was preventing it from enabling ZA. I haven't revisited XP-Pro to try this etrust EZF, but was wondering if I might expect the same results. I'm having great performance with 98SE and this EZF, so am in no hurry to downgrade back to XP-Pro. ;-)

Reply to
Bart Bailey

Get updated concerning the latest SP2 of Windows XP

XP's firewall only monitors incoming traffic. It does not monitor outgoing traffic so if you got a Trojan on your machine it would remain undetected while is was "phoning home". ZoneAlarm is a much better solution. I use Zonealarm Pro, and I have disabled the XP firewall since I can't see what it's doing.

Reply to
Ronald

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.