"Vulgar" zone words sent to monitoring?

If I were to program in a few custom vulgar zone names on my Vista 10SE (6139 keypad), would these words be transmitted to the monitoring center if that zone had an alarm? Or just the zone codes?

(I wouldn't want to offend some sweet thing working late at night...)

Reply to
Bill
Loading thread data ...

No, they only get the Zone Number and Alarm type.

The custom words are only to display on the keypad.

Whatever descriptions you give them for that zone on installation, they will also see on their end, but thats something they manually input into the account details themselves.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Yes and the receiver would send back an energy spike rendering your obscene panel useless

Reply to
Mark Leuck

On a DMP it would send the vulgar zone description.

| > (I wouldn't want to offend some sweet thing working late at night...) | | Yes and the receiver would send back an energy spike rendering your obscene | panel useless | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

And you would be the local perfect example of the purpose that vulgarity exists. After all, how could anyone know what a nice person was unless they had someone as sinister and depraved, as you are to compare with.

Reply to
Jim

You need to check with Jiminex. He's the local expert on vulgarity.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Only if sending DMP's proprietary format to a DMP receiver. If sending CID or other standard formats all it sends is the CID codes and/or the programmed zone number.

P.S. Who's the guy with the Tyco Electronics e-mail address who joined my fishing forums?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Reply to
Jon Aichberger

Yep because CID is not gonna send what you program in the zone description field.

Fishing forum?...dunno.

| >

| | Only if sending DMP's proprietary format to a DMP receiver. If sending CID | or other standard formats all it sends is the CID codes and/or the | programmed zone number. | | P.S. Who's the guy with the Tyco Electronics e-mail address who joined my | fishing forums? | | | | -- | Bob La Londe | | Win a Spinnerbait Tackle Kit | | Spinnerbait Tips & Tricks Contest | Through the Month of September 2005 | |

formatting link
| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Radionics too

Reply to
Mark Leuck

on a europlex too.. ;-)

"Crash Gordon" a écrit dans le message de news: l_w_e.1800$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net...

Reply to
petem

anyone ever programmed any "vulgar" custom words in the Ademco Lynx System :-)

"Back Frigin Door Moron"

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Bob's an avid bass-fisherman. I happen to enjoy the same sport, though probably with less skill than he has. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I know he is...just didn't know what he was referring to.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

BTW, do you like fishing?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I've not done much freshwater fishing. I did catch a few hefty trout at Fred's Trout Pond (you pay by the pound for what you catch)...its really a giant trout mud pond :-)

I used to do a lot of saltwater fishing when we lived near the ocean...blues were my favorite back then.

| > I know he is...just didn't know what he was | > referring to. | | BTW, do you like fishing? | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

What a line! Be careful, he'll offer to buy you a drink next.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

what you like to fish for bass? you like to bait yourself?

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: A snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
petem

Probably one of the guys who went to prison. He's gonna have a lot of extra time on his hands. :-) js

Reply to
alarman

Well, he is a master baiter all right. js

Reply to
alarman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.