Need some help...

Who's the resident Ademco agent on duty here? I'm having trouble on a 128 panel trying to activate relays, following zones. Anyone here with experience with doing this?

Jack

Reply to
jackcsg
Loading thread data ...

Yep.

Reply to
Frank Kurz

Can you hook a brother up? I am just trying to have a zone, when faulted, kick an output. I'm looking at it through software....can't figure out what I'm missing.

Jack

Reply to
jackcsg

I'm sure there are others but Jim Rojas is the one I turn to with Ademco when I get tired of the hour wait on hold with Ademco tech support. He always seems to know the answer. I have his number on speed dial on my cell phone. He's very helpful if he has a few minutes. Knows the stuff better than most of the Ademco phone scripters. Usually I try to get him on ICQ or Yahoo messenger before I hit the job site to discuss possible issues. If he's there on his computer I know I'm not bugging him on a job site. He knows Ademco Vista better than I know Napco Gemini panels.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I can help...

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335
Reply to
Jim Rojas

I can also help on ademco ?

Reply to
nick markowitz

Told you. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Thanks fellas...figured it out. After 5 days of pulling my hair out..... I enabled the devices. Tech Support (Honeywell) was no help. Works like a champ with them enabled....

I should just stick with DMP.

lol

Reply to
jackcsg

Instead of yankin' your hair out, give me a call. Toll free number on the website is good North America wide.

Reply to
Frank Kurz

What? you aren't going to post about how to enter programming and defaulting installer codes etc?

I'm shocked...SHOCKED!

Reply to
mleuck

Next time send me a text, and I can call you back anywhere in the US & Canada.

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335
Reply to
Jim Rojas

Honeywell needs a back number for real techs with real questions to call when they can prove there proficient with panels. I call them 2-3 times a year for a special set up I am doing and there shocked I actually have a computer with compass running set up and ready to go.

Reply to
nick markowitz

You're going to ruin the reputation of alarm installers if you keep THAT up.

According to Mark, just the few people in this group are the only installers who use computers to program.

I had to call Napco tech support for the first time yesterday in about a year.

Here's a helpful hint on Napco panels. If you ever come across a keypad with a compatibility number programed in it ...... try 8888. Tech says that sometimes it may unlock the keypad.

Reply to
Jim

They do, they used to at least. It was "Ademco Gold Support", I've long lost the number.

Reply to
G. Morgan

As I've said over the years so few people download something like that doesn't suprise me

Reply to
mleuck

Don't quite recall saying that but whatever...

Reply to
mleuck

No, but you have said that you think very few actually use a computer to program either off site or on site. I would tend to agree. Over the years I had one I guy I handed a laptop too who used it to program and figure stuff out.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I've only downloaded a handful of Ademco panels. In addition on site, FBII XL-2/3, Napco P800/801, DSC-1500/1550, Vista 10/15 all program super easy at the keypad once you get their little nuances. Its faster to keypad program them. However sometimes you get some little headache that you can spot in the program by using their client software. I used a Telecom Gear line simulator and a modem for years for those panels that do not have a direct plugin for laptop programming. It saved me many a headache to be able to look at the whole thing on site instead of going back to the office and dialing in.

I also found the DMP XR10/20 panels to be generally easier to program at the keypad.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I had to do a take over of a Vista 20P the other day. Never did one before. Since I don't have the compass software, I had to switch all the CS info over by keypad. The progrming isn't hard but I found it annoying to have to stand in front of the keypad, trying to juggle manuals and write entries. I just don't DO that anymore.

I found a few what I considerd to be "weird" things about the program but since it had been programed by the previous alarm company all I had to do was make the CS changes and adjust a few things the way I do it and mark down the info from each location. Worked ok on the first CS test so I guess I did alright. One thing didn't turn out though. There are some wireless xmitters. I had the zone list so I knew which openings to check for xmitters. Bad thing is ...... I couldn't find the damn Reciever. If it ever needs troubleshooting ......... I'll just have to install another one, I guess. I always mark the location of the sirens/speakers, xfmers, zone modules, and receivers on the inside of the panel door ..... not for anyone else ... just so that

*** " I " *** can remember where the hell they are. Nothing like trying to replace a faulty siren or transformer, when you don't remember where the hell you put it and now it's hidden behind a refrigerator or in a closet that wasn't there before.
Reply to
Jim

Really? Maybe you should have your lamp posts checked too!

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Kurz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.