Keep backlight on? Vista 10-SE

I have a Vista 10SE with a 6139 keypad.

Is there a way to program the control or keypad to always keep the backlight on for the keypad display?

Reply to
Bill
Loading thread data ...

only on larger Ademco Panels, not the 10SE.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Nope

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I've never noticed an option to keep the kp backlight on...where/s it at?

| > Is there a way to program the control or keypad to always keep the | > backlight | > on for the keypad display? | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Swap the board for a Vista20P. It has much better features and is the same size. It will do what you want plus much, much more.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Correct, but note that you'll also want to place a resistor in series with the LED or it will burn out.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You learn something new every day. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

My mistake. I was thinking DSC. No Ademco panel maintains backlighting because the keypad would then draw too much power. There are some Ademco panels however that disable keypad backlighting altogether.

You can install a mini 12 volt LED right across the keypad power. Go to a auto parts store, or a car stereo store. You may have to buy several colors to get the appearance you want.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

The LED's sold at Auto Parts & Car Stereo shops have the resistor built into the LED.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Actually it won't, he needs a Vista-32FB and above for keypad backlighting

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yup, the 6160 alpha draws 40mA in standby and 160mA active

Reply to
Mark Leuck
12 volt robert...12 volt... read...

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
petem

on a vista 50, its been a while, but doesnt the keypad backlight stay on by default, then you have to program it to turn off?

Reply to
cctvbahamas

That would illuminate the keys but not the screen

Reply to
Mark Leuck

ok thanks .. but you can turn it on, I guess thats where I got confused ...thanks

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Petem, your lack of knowledge is truly astounding. [sigh]

Reply to
Robert L Bass

No you have to turn permanent backlighting on, it isn't on by default

Reply to
Mark Leuck

No matter, now he can keep his Vista10se by just adding the 12v LED light inside the keypad.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

There might be a way to sneak it in there somewhere.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.