Zone Type help needed - Vista 10SE?

Ok I see that I have the following zone type options for a Vista 10SE using hardwired.

01 - Entry/Exit 03 - Perimeter 04 - Interior Follower 10 - Interior w/ Delay

I would assume that Entry/Exit would be delay and Perimeter would be instant? Say set main entry door to Entry/Exit and all other perimeter devices to Perimeter. Correct?

What is the difference between "Interior Follower" and "Interior w/ Delay". For example after setting my alarm, I walk through an area with an interior motion detector, then exit through a door which is on delay. Then opposite coming back in.

Reply to
Bill
Loading thread data ...

Interior Follower is like Perimeter, no delay.

When you arm the unit in Stay Mode, anything programed as Interior Follower, or Interior Follower w./ Delay, will not be armed. Only Entry Exit or Perimeter zones will arm in Stay Mode.

So if you will be passing that Motion when you come in to disarm, then you want to set it to either Entry Exit, or Interior Follower w/ Delay.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

No exactly. The interior 'follower' will follow the entry/exit zones.

During the entry or exit delay periods the interior follower zones will be ignored.

But if the system is fully armed and the motion trips, it will sound an alarm instantly. But if you open a delay door it will wait...

Interior with delay is just that. At any point during an armed period, if the motion is tripped it will trigger the delay time and not sound an alarm until that has expired.

You would program that type of zone if you were covering an area with no door contacts and would be visible to the motion while arming or disarming...

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Dont know dread, you got me confused, alls I am saying if you arm the alarm in stay mode, the interior follower zones will not alarm if they are tripped, you have to arm in away mode for them to trip.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Let's see if I've got this correct...

From what I have read, I need to use Entry/Exit for my entry door, and Interior Follower for my motion sensor. With this, when I enter through the door, it places the system in "delay" including the motion sensor.

If I did not have a door sensor, then I would need to use Interior Delay for the motion sensor, otherwise it would trip the alarm instantly.

So the word "follower" seems to mean that the zone is following what the system is doing elsewhere.

-If there is a delay zone and the system is armed (using delay arming) then the "follower" will also be placed in delay.

-If there is an entry through a delay zone, then the "follower" zone is also then placed in delay.

-If you come in through the ceiling and trip the motion sensor, then it will trip the system instantly since the system is not in delay mode.

-If there is no delay zone, then I would guess that you would not be able to arm with any delay, and the "follower" zone would always be instant?

And as to the "Interior" portion of the zone type, this would make it so it was not armed when arming with stay.

Reply to
Bill

I dont know what Interrior follower really means, technically, but with ademco..

if you arm in Stay Mode, any Interior Zone is not armed, or at least will not trigger.

If you arm in away mode all will arm and will trigger, if it is on a delay then it will have a delay.

Use delay for any zone that you have to walk through to turn the alarm on or off.

Basically the norm is to program the motions with Interior follower or Interior follower w/ Delay, and doors and windows with Entry/Exit or Perimeter.

use Interior follower w / delay and Entry/Exit if you are going to pass that zone to arm or disarm.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

I was reading through the old posts and saw something about some Ademco panels having only one "timer circuit".

And what was said, was that having two delay zones (and then tripping one and then the other) would confuse the control panel! (Since it basically only has one "hand" to count on, if you will...)

So the suggestion I read was to use a delay zone (Entry/Exit) and to use Interior/Follower with that. And to only use Interior/Delay if there were no door contacts. (Low cost motion sensor only system.)

I didn't look at the date of that post, but this may be an old problem which has since been resolved?

Anyway my system is working fine using Entry/Exit and Interior/Follower. The motion sensor is placed in delay along with the door opening or with arming using away.

Reply to
Bill

we always set doors on entry exit if they need a delay,

perimeter if not ...

and for windows, perimeter ..

and motions on interior follower w/ delay if they need a delay for the motion, or no delay if they dont.

Cant get any simpler than that :-))))))

basically, you dont have to use Interior follower if yah dont want to, if it is a business, as most businesses will never want to use Stay Mode anyway, we use Entry Exit and Perimeter for those otherwise.

Its very simple, dont let them confuse yah :-))

Reply to
cctvbahamas

there's a billion things you can do with an alarm system, but a vista

10SE, why bother :-) Too much stress im going back to my budwieser :-)
Reply to
cctvbahamas

Reply to
JoeRaisin

I means it's "following" the delay of the delay door(s)...but will be instant alarm if the delay door is NOT opened first.

A plain ol' interior delay will always have the delay.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I only put doors that need to be delayed on a delay zone...and NEVER rear doors of a house, unless the homeowner begs.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

he he, no delays at all, make them use a remote keyfob :-)

Reply to
cctvbahamas

I have one client like that...no delay and silent alarm, just the keypad beeps.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.