replacing an ademco 4150

I'm looking at self replacing an old ademco 4150 alarm system, and I have a few questions:

1) Is there another panel that I can use as a "drop in" replacement? I'd rather not replace all the door and motion sensors unless I really have to. If possible I'd like to just replace the keypad and control panel.

2) If question 1 fails, what do people recommend for a package to buy?

Thanks Cormac

Reply to
Cormac.McGaughey
Loading thread data ...

AT&T 8000 or 8300 will work just fine

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Mark- why in the hell do you do that? Are you so hateful that you would purposely guide someone to a piece of shit like the AT&T 8000? I don't get it.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

I'd recommend the DSC Power 832 if you're a DIY'er. The panel is easy to program and configure. If your present system is making use of end of line resistors, you'll have to change them out (or cut them out of the system and program it as NO-EOL.

1 should be good. There are a number of online resources you can access to purchase product, but my advice would be to find a local Dealer that will sell it to you (and be available should you need help).

formatting link

Good Luck!

Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

You can simply replace the panel and keypad. All hard-wired sensors will work as before with the new hardware. Almost any panel will do. Ademco (now Honeywell) makes several models that would be fine. Their Vista-15P is available as a kit with the 6160 keypad and an inside siren. The kit sells retail for about $156.

Note: If you use an Ademco Vista series panel, the 6160 keypad is used to program the system. Programming is simple, especially if the system is not being monitored.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Stop that! js

Reply to
alarman

Z2000?

| > 1) Is there another panel that I can use as a "drop in" replacement? | > I'd rather not replace all the door and motion sensors unless I really | > have to. If possible I'd like to just replace the keypad and control | > panel. | >

| > 2) If question 1 fails, what do people recommend for a package to buy? | >

| > Thanks | > Cormac | >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I would recommend the Vista20P. The DIY'er may want to add some additional protection, plus the Vista20P has zone doubling which can further benefit the DIY'er.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Look HERE:

formatting link

Reply to
Group-Moderator

If the motion sensors are as old as the panel, then I would recomend replacing them also.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

True indeed, Jim. The only reason I suggested the less expensive Vista-20P package is his old system has very few zones. As a "drop in" replacement either package will work fine. The Vista-20P kit costs only a few dollars more and has greater expansion capabilities should that be a concern to the OP.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I was thinking of something easier to program, like the Moose Z1250.......

:-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

Thanks. I had been looking at this before and wondering how compatible it was. You're right. I do need to expand the system a little (thinking about adding the outside sheds into the system), so this looks like a good way to go.

Reply to
Cormac.McGaughey

Hateful? I thought I was doing him a favor

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Who makes that?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Amen! The OP posted a legitimate question. He asked politely. And some of you guys are hell-bent on screwing with him for no reason whatsoever, recommending AT&T panels and old Moose products.

He's obviously not a professional, and won't understand your attempts at humor. Be nice to the poor guy!

- badenov

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Good deal. The Vista-20P Kit also supports "partitioning". That means it can be split into two separately armed areas. If that seems useful you can leave the outbuildings armed while the house is disarmed or vice versa.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You are 100% correct, those guys trying to pass off Moose panels are troublemakers, now AT&T...THATS a panel!

(It's all Jack Stevens fault)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.