ADI Pricing question

I know this topic has been cover to some extent in the past. But something happened today that has started to fry my shorts.

A potential customer needs an upgrade and I am going to spec a Vista 20P. So I call my contact at ADI and ask for a price. Ok, got it and wrote it down. When I get back to the office I happened to be looking for a price on something else in price list and noticed that I had bought a 20P back in October. And I paid 54% less than quoted today for the dang thing.

So I call back to ADI (4:30pm) and my contact had left for the weekend. So I ask the guy on the phone what the price is for a 20P. Give him the account number and comes back with a price that is $10 bucks less that I was quoted 1 hour earlier. WTF

Anyhow does anyone here know if there was a major price increase in the past

5 months that I did not know about??? ADI is not were I purchase most of my product from and I do understand that I should pay a little higher because of my limited volume but more than double is a bit ridiculous.

Any thoughts or comments????

Also is ADI the only fish in the barrel that handles Ademco/Honeywell products???

Thanks,

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1
Loading thread data ...

Ok, now for the rest of the story.

First let me say again that ADI is not my primary source for equipment. This is because of some of their pricing issues that I have been aware of for sometime.

I called the branch manager and questioned this issue. I was told that when I bought the 20P in October I had bought the kit. And they have this thing of pricing the "kit" items out as separate items which shows a much different price than if you buy it by the piece. Therefore, a big price difference.

On the issue of two different prices from two different sales people on the same day. One did not pull up my account to quote a price and the other did. The one that did not was giving me the price for a (off the street) over the counter sale.

So given this info it seems that all is well. Doesn't change my buying sources. I only use Ademco products when it is my only choice as it was in this application. It also makes me ask more questions when I am asking for a price on a given item.

Have a good day.

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

There's a simple way to avoid confusion in the future. Just give the sales rep your account number when you ask for a quote. She'll look it up with your account number and any special pricing they've agreed to will show up on her screen. Note however, that if you order a specific kit and they quote you "normal" pricing you'll still be charged your special price. This has happened to me on several occasions.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.