Best Starter - 4 Security Camera - DVR System

I have been asked to set up a 4 camera Security System for a small Retail store. I was in a store the other day in which they sell

formatting link
. Is this a good brand?

This stuff fascinates me and I love just reading about it. I would also like to put a system in my house about the same size as I have ran Cat6 to the locations and just need to purchase the system.

1) What is a good system to purchase for someone just starting out in DVR security systems? Something not to fancy, however options to grow on it?

2) Something IP based so we can view it remotely.

Anyways, If anyone has any expertise and would recommend a good system and how much the system cost, with a ballpark figure, I would gladly appreciate it.

Thanks Much :-)

Reply to
packetblast
Loading thread data ...

Yes, Speco's cameras are pretty decent. I've used them with good results on numerous installations, even including my own church (where we caught someone stealing from the tape room). Other good CCTV brands include Ademco, Bosch (expensive), ChannelPlus (CAT5 cameras), EverFocus (good line of reasonably priced DVR's), Extreme CCTV (low light and no light CCTV), GreyFox (CAT5 Video Systems), JVC (cameras and everything else), Kalatel (division of GE), Marshall (special purpose and covert vcameras), Panasonic (general CCTV gear), Pelco (accessories), Toshiba and Ultrak.

BTW, I happen to sell all these brands online... :^) More details in my site if you like...

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Robert, in going to your site, it served me one of those annoying popups that can't be blocked trying to sell me anti-spyware and falsely advising me that my sysstem is infected. Are you aware that that's happening?

Reply to
BruceR

No. I don't offer spyware software and I don't use popups. I'll turned off my anti-popup and visited the site to see if someone's doing something nasty. I did not get any popups. I have three sites. Which one were you on and what page were you visiting?

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Just watch your credit card shopping at GoofyBass' place. He like to DOUBLE DIP the card as he did with this guy.

Bassburglaralarms.com- Screws yet another customer BBB Complaint Filed

From: "loops" Subject: Re: Bass Alarms Date: Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:23 PM

When should I expect to see a refund on my credit card? I tried to call and email but your phone appears to have a bad connection and or is busy. Via email, I am just getting your auto reponse. Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "G. Morgan" Subject: Re: Bass Alarms Date: Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:34 PM Subject: Re: Bass Alarms Newsgroup: alt.security.alarms

=> loops When should I expect to see a refund on my credit card? I tried to call

Join the others here:

formatting link
It's a real shame all of Bass's customers have to come here to contact him. That makes it everyone's business.

-Graham Remove the snails to email

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "loops" Subject: Re: Bass Alarms Date: Saturday, March 12, 2005 7:11 AM

I am sorry, but I to travel. In fact I was in four states in 1 week and I have medical emergencies, and I had food poisoning. I understand we are all busy and have issues, but this is not acceptable. I have called you several times, but get a busy signal. I have emailed you and get the auto-response. I have faxed you. The fact that I am writing this is way too much. I also apologize to this group for having to communicate to this vendor via this group. It is just unreasonable how difficult this is.

As we are all aware we use email to handle such items, the facts are in black and white.

Here is the deal- Please see your packing slip for this order #158981 from your supplier in the North East. Line item #6 shows an ELK-1280 was shipped to me. Now review my order #4623BB- Line item #6 [#ELK-12250] ELK-12250 Battery: Rechargeable, 12V, 26AH 1 x US $43.50 = US $43.50. Now the price difference between these two products is what I am asking for. It really requires no more... Please subtract the difference and credit my account. Since I am sure that this will continue I have, I contacted the BBB of West Florida and this is my Complaint 1835930 for your records. I had the

2nd issue of double billing taken care of by my credit card company within 24 hours. They recommended I send the battery back for a full credit. I think we can take care of this by making the adjustment. By doing the full credit, would cost me the shipping. Thanks Frank

The fact that I am writing this is

I agree that it's unreasonable. There's also no need to apologize to us. We all recognize (from past transactions Robert's been involved in) that this Newsgroup is the only really effective way of communicating with him. If he spent less time promoting his online business in Newsgroups while deriding others in the trade, and more time *servicing* his customers he'd be far better off. What's really funny is that he's always quick to judge others based on little more than pure conjecture and almost no first hand knowledge of the individual or company he's slamming...

begin 666 back_ani.gif M1TE&.#EA& `8`/P`,0```/___[N[NP```$1$1(B(B.[N[LS,S'=W=ZJJJIF9 MF55551$1$3,S,]W=W69F9B(B(@`````````````````````````````````` M`````````````````````````"'_"TY%5%-#05!%,BXP`P$````A^00%9 `` M`"P`````& `8```%PF @CJ21B(D@D&P;' 4\;/@G1 MEFIG1SWSV6;,8K=9579"CIA.

Reply to
Group Moderator

He just DOUBLE DIPS YOUR CREDIT CARD Like this guy:

Bassburglaralarms.com- Screws yet another customer BBB Complaint Filed

From: "loops" Subject: Re: Bass Alarms Date: Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:23 PM

When should I expect to see a refund on my credit card? I tried to call and email but your phone appears to have a bad connection and or is busy. Via email, I am just getting your auto reponse. Thanks

From: "G. Morgan" Subject: Re: Bass Alarms Date: Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:34 PM Subject: Re: Bass Alarms Newsgroup: alt.security.alarms

=> loops When should I expect to see a refund on my credit card? I tried to call

Join the others here:

formatting link
It's a real shame all of Bass's customers have to come here to contact him. That makes it everyone's business.

-Graham Remove the snails to email

From: "loops" Subject: Re: Bass Alarms Date: Saturday, March 12, 2005 7:11 AM

I am sorry, but I to travel. In fact I was in four states in 1 week and I have medical emergencies, and I had food poisoning. I understand we are all busy and have issues, but this is not acceptable. I have called you several times, but get a busy signal. I have emailed you and get the auto-response. I have faxed you. The fact that I am writing this is way too much. I also apologize to this group for having to communicate to this vendor via this group. It is just unreasonable how difficult this is.

As we are all aware we use email to handle such items, the facts are in black and white.

Here is the deal- Please see your packing slip for this order #158981 from your supplier in the North East. Line item #6 shows an ELK-1280 was shipped to me. Now review my order #4623BB- Line item #6 [#ELK-12250] ELK-12250 Battery: Rechargeable, 12V, 26AH 1 x US $43.50 = US $43.50. Now the price difference between these two products is what I am asking for. It really requires no more... Please subtract the difference and credit my account. Since I am sure that this will continue I have, I contacted the BBB of West Florida and this is my Complaint 1835930 for your records. I had the

2nd issue of double billing taken care of by my credit card company within 24 hours. They recommended I send the battery back for a full credit. I think we can take care of this by making the adjustment. By doing the full credit, would cost me the shipping. Thanks Frank

The fact that I am writing this is

I agree that it's unreasonable. There's also no need to apologize to us. We all recognize (from past transactions Robert's been involved in) that this Newsgroup is the only really effective way of communicating with him. If he spent less time promoting his online business in Newsgroups while deriding others in the trade, and more time *servicing* his customers he'd be far better off. What's really funny is that he's always quick to judge others based on little more than pure conjecture and almost no first hand knowledge of the individual or company he's slamming...

begin 666 back_ani.gif M1TE&.#EA& `8`/P`,0```/___[N[NP```$1$1(B(B.[N[LS,S'=W=ZJJJIF9 MF55551$1$3,S,]W=W69F9B(B(@`````````````````````````````````` M`````````````````````````"'_"TY%5%-#05!%,BXP`P$````A^00%9 `` M`"P`````& `8```%PF @CJ21B(D@D&P;' 4\;/@G1 MEFIG1SWSV6;,8K=9579"CIA.

Reply to
Group Moderator

Take a look at edimaxs

formatting link
on there IC-1000 ethernet kamera.

with the software included you can watch 4 kameras at once.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Granqvist

Thanks, Si. I was pretty certain that there's nothing nasty on my server. I second the comment to *never* buy anything advertised using popups.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

I checked the site and got no popups. "Annoying popups that can't be blocked" usually means that your computer has already been infected with spyware. I think the popups are actually installed on your computer and popup at varying intervals to make them look like they are from sites you visit. Use a reputable spyware remover (definately don't buy the software the popup is advertising) or virus scanning application.

Reply to
Si Ballenger

He certainly does say that.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

I dunno... "Group Moderator" seems to "pop up" everywhere.. and he says he's outselling you!

:-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.