Strange Phone Line Issue

FSK must be messy up in your neck of the woods! "frequency shit keying" ??? :-)))

| > Is it??? First I would not have been listening if there was not a problem | > connecting remotely. Second I have never heard nor listened for the CID | > before so I can't say that it is "typical". I know that the CID happens | > between the first and second ring but always thought it was at a high freq | > data similar to DSL. If it is CID then I need to test this elsewhere to | > see if it is the same. | >

| > Which brings up another question. Does CID vary between carriers?? And | > IF so and it was CID then it would explain why I may not have ever heard | > it before. | >

| > At this time it is all still very strange. | >

| >

| >

| >

| >>> On the speaker of the butt set just before the 1st ring a small buzz | >>> click was heard and then after the first ring a carrier tone is heard | >>> for about 1 second and then a pause and then the next ring. Nothing | >>> else is heard except for normal rings after that. | >>

| >>

| >

| >>

| >>

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

Hey, They don't call it down LOAD-ing .... for nothing.

Reply to
Jim

Ok, new information.

I have hand three(3) different possible answers to this issue.

1) CLID data burst 2) Another parallel line mistakenly connected by Telco. 3) Customers prior AOL connection may not have been removed properly.

It turned out to be the CLID. Today I did some additional test suspecting the CLID. That is what I heard. The strange part is that after 17 years of listening to the phone lines thru my butt set this is the first time I have ever heard the data burst. Always thought it was at a higher freq. Again that is why I started to throw up the flags on this.

Now that it has been identified as CLID I decided that maybe the initial problem of not being able to connect may be due to the DSL Filter. So I installed another filter today and now I can connect OK. What happened to the old filter that was installed 4 years ago, within the past 3 months is anybody's guess. Old age, lightning spike, surge, what ever. All is well now.

So my hope is here that this little diddy will help someone else. My stress your gain.

Thanks for reading.

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

LOL ho shit!!!!

shift!!!!!!!!!

Frequency Shift Keying

that's the result of posting after a long day at work,I was coming back from switching 14 controller in one of the busiest building in Montreal... LOL

"Crash Gordon" a écrit dans le message de news: 45a51116$0$3568$ snipped-for-privacy@news.qwest.net...

Reply to
Petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.