Moose Z1100 Dialing Problem

I have a Moose Z1100 System I that was never monitored and would now like to have it monitored. It was connected to a phone line, but it does not appear to dial. Are there any possible programming options that enable dialing? I saw an earlier thread from April 2007 that talked about lightning strikes, but this does not appear to be the problem. The line is seized, and the default 8 dialing attempts are made, but they only last a few seconds each. Does this sound like a problem anyone has had?

Reply to
mmar
Loading thread data ...

Program 001 into section 033, an account code into sections 044-046, and the phone number of the central station receiver beginning at section 068. No, it won't call your cell phone. js

Reply to
Buggs

|>Does this sound like a problem anyone has had?

No it doesn't.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Thanks for the response!

The alarm company tech tried all these steps and still got the same behavior. Tried different values at address 033, and the delay changed, but still got 8 quick tries with no connect.

Do you know what section 039 should be programmed to? Is it

000? The alarm company tech tried changing this. Manual says do not program.

Is it possible that the numbers aren't programmed >Program 001 into section 033, an account code into sections 044-046, and the

Reply to
mmar via HomeKB.com

the z1100 panel is not capable of newer contact id etc formats and only did slower 3/1 formats which may be problem trying to use it to some recivers and also type of phone line service you have if you have cable tv or voip service it will never work. you would be far ahead of game to replace the panel there is no further tech support on panel and it has been out of production over a decade.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

Try programming 255 into section 009. this will reset the panel to factory programming. Then start over from scratch. Connect a butt set to the tip and ring terminals and listen to what happens. Do you get a dial tone? Is the panel dialing a number? Is there a handshake from the receiver? What happens exactly. js

Reply to
Buggs

The alarm company tech did put the butt set on the tip and ring but we did not do the factory reset. We did get the dial tone, then got no sound, but no dial and no connect. The tech did manually dial the number and got an answer, but the z1100 did not handshake.

If I do the reset, I will lose the phone numbers and will need to get them from the tech, which will be later in the week. You had said it won't call a cell phone, which is ok. But can I program in some number to see if it is dialing?

Thanks.

Buggs wrote:

Reply to
mmar via HomeKB.com

You have no need to go any further

Reply to
Mark Leuck

You can put any phone number in, and the panel will dial it. When there is no handshake at the other end, the panel will hang up and try again. You could put your home or cell number in to test the dialer. js

Reply to
Buggs

probably going to wrong type of receiver line card that's not detecting the old handshake.

| > If I do the reset, I will lose the phone numbers and will need to get | > them from the tech, which will be later in the week. You had said | > it won't call a cell phone, which is ok. But can I program in some | > number to see if it is dialing? | | You can put any phone number in, and the panel will dial it. When there is | no handshake at the other end, the panel will hang up and try again. You | could put your home or cell number in to test the dialer. | js | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Try adding a delay to wait for dial tone before dialing.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Could be that there's phone numbers programed but no account number.

It would dial and then do nothing. Then hang up.

Reply to
Jim

Opps, I just noticed he said no dial either.

Well, the zones could be programed to report on alarm but the panel isn't programmed with a telephone number or account number.

It would pick up and do nothing.

Reply to
Jim

I figured out how to read back what was programmed. (Close the programming switch, hit 0 after power up, then a 3-digit address. From there, hit pound and it will sequence through the addresses. The 8 LEDs give the programmed value in binary as the manual describes.) It appears that there are no telephone numbers programmed, and it is just picking up and doing nothing. I did not have a chance to reprogram, but I did read all the values and will try to do a factory reset and then reprogram. I need to do the reset because the programming code was overwritten somewhere along the path.

Thanks for the help.

Jim wrote:

Reply to
mmar via HomeKB.com

aggggg...you're using an LED keypad to program that beast?!

what happened to your alarm guy?...he give up and go home?

:-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

There's a small pile of dust on the floor, just below the keypad.

Reply to
Jim

Is this a standard Z1100, a system II or a IIe? Programming addresses vary.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

On the original Z1100 that was the only option. They weren't hard to program. They had far fewer addresses than modern panels do.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I hate when that happens - usually with a Nappy panel though

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Reply to
mmar via HomeKB.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.