replacing an ademco 4150

Ha !!....yeah sure.....for a boat anchor maybe....:))...(watcha doin'.....poking to see if I'm still here......:))

RHC

formatting link

Reply to
R.H.Campbell
Loading thread data ...

Thats good to know, and pretty much decides for me what I'll get. I'll need to get the wife trained up on remembering to disarm the alarm for that :-)

Reply to
Cormac.McGaughey

Heh. I've done some alarm work before, just wasn't familiar with ademco. Anyone who doesn't research the system before they buy deserves what they get.

Nope, not a professional, but I've been on usenet for enough years to let humour slide

Reply to
Cormac.McGaughey

Just checking to see if you still have a pulse after looking at all of those Florida melons :-)

R.H.Campbell wrote:

formatting link
>

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Not too difficult. The first time she forgets the system will remind her. I'm taking a few days off. If you decide, despite the flames in this newsgroup, to order from my firm, you can order online or call customer support. They'll be manning the phones while I'm away. I'll be back Monday night.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Thanks everyone. Just installed a Vista 20P over the weekend and it was relatively painless (I had to cut out the old batteries from the 4150 system - the terminals were really corroded) and documenting the old zones and cabling (previous installer had used four core cable and split the cores across zones).

I did make the mistake of not going with the 6160 keypad and got a 6150 instead which made programming a little fun, but it only took about 5 minutes to figure out what it was looking for.

The new system works well and I've been able to kick out a few false alarm issues that plagued me with the old system.

Cormac

Reply to
Cormac.McGaughey

heh...you get a gold star for figuring out how to program the zones with a

6150..it aint easy nor recommended.
Reply to
Crash Gordon

If he did zone programming on the his first try then he gets a gold star AND a cookie.

We got one guy who can get through it pretty easy but it ain't me, brother.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

It's definitely a pita...enough so that I'd usually opt for driving back to the office for my trusty beatup 6139.

| >

6150 | > | instead which made programming a little fun, but it only took about 5 | > | minutes to figure out what it was looking for. | > | | > | The new system works well and I've been able to kick out a few false | > | alarm issues that plagued me with the old system. | > | | > | Cormac | > | | >

| >

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Did somebody say "Cookie"?????????????? MMMMMMMMMMMM

Reply to
Russell Brill

Its fairly easy if its all hardwire, I don't recommend it tho

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.