How long do batteries typically last for wireless door sensors?

Hi Im looking for a self monitored system. I was anticipating wiring the senso rs up myself, which wouldn't have been too much of a bother, but it looks l ike most systems are wireless these days, which means easier install, but y ou have to replace the batteries. My system will require 3 door sensors. No motion sensors. How long do the batteries typically last in these wireles s sensors? If I can replace them spring and fall that would be fine, but if its more frequently, then Id rather go wired. Please suggest hard wired self-monitored systems. THanks

Reply to
strangways
Loading thread data ...

Dear strangways,

If you have not read the responses to your original question and are really not a Troll then please be so kind as to use the following link with my complements.

formatting link

ASA is really not the best place to ask your questions.

Reply to
ABLE1

For most systems the batteries should last a couple years. Replacing them every two years would be more than prudent.

Wireless alarm systems will also tell you if a sensor's battery is getting low.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

The batteries will last 5-7 years depending on how often the doors are opened. Your application sounds like a concrete room with three steel doors with steel frames, as you feel there is no need for motion detection. The batteries must be replaced within 1 week (approx) from the receipt of the low battery signal (self monitoring), as the discharge knee of lithium batteries is very sharp. They will cost you from 1-3 dollars each. I suggest you replace them all at once. I would also consider a motion detector, as a door and a motion detector signal means an entry.

John American Sentry Systems, Inc.

Reply to
johnr

In his original post he only plans on using it when he is home, so motion is just sort of a decoration.

I suspect he wants it just for the room in the basement where he keeps the captives...

formatting link

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.