Question on DLS software

I had trouble like that a couple years ago. Turns out my modem serial cable had an intermittent open. I replaced the cable, and all was fine. js

Reply to
alarman
Loading thread data ...

I have yet to see a problem connecting to an 832, there seems to be a bug I sometimes get with the new 1555 v3.2 that I confirmed with DSC's tech support that does exactly the same thing. When the 1555MX first came out I also got that occasionally, haven't seen that in a long time so I assume they fixed it either in the software or panel.

What modem are you using?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I tried to upload a version 2 DSC Power 832 (5010) this morning, and got a response that is becoming far too common when trying to use DLS sofware. I am using the latest DSC modem, and a clear line. The panel connected OK, and then tried to handshake and gave me a "cannot identify panel" crap ! I have tried to connect with two different computers, both with the latest drivers installed, and also used the "auto identify" feature as well on both computers, but to no avail. I tried going in through the event log, which sometimes works, but this time,nothing works.

It seems I have to make another needless service call because of DSC crappy software !! Can anyone suggest why this bulls*it might be happening and if there is anything my end that I can do to resolve it prior to making a service call.

Cripes, I don't need this mickey mouse software crap....Mark, any ideas ?

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

I'm using the latest DSC modem....

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

I have two of them, an early version and the latest V1.1. No go !! I also tried replacing the cable but that didn't help either. I really think it might have to do with the quality of line at the customer's end somehow, and the modem / software not being able to communicate properly through the connection. My partner company (who only uses DSC panels), and who lives out in the country often asks me to connect to his panels when he can over a rural line. I usually have no problem doing so, which tells me it has to do with the line connection somehow.

RHC

"Frank Olson" wrote in message news:SFu4f.200428$oW2.32571@pd7tw1no...

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

I have pretty good success with it here, Bob. It's Compass that frustrates me. I UL/DL 1555s all the time fairly smoothly. If you want me to try from here, drop me an e-mail with info...

Reply to
mikey

Thanks Mike ! If it comes to that, I will....

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

I sometimes have comm problems similar to what you are experiencing. I usually find that if I try again at different days and times of day that I will eventually get through. I think that at extremely busy times and days for calls that line quality deteriorates.

Reply to
moe

Thanks Moe ! You might have a good point there; I'll try again later in the day, although Sunday at mid day shouldn't be a busy time (unless it's Xmas or Mothers Day).

But thanks for the suggestion. I'll let you know if that solves it...

Regards,

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

The most significant day up here is 30th June of each year. That is the last day you work to pay off your income tax....after that you are working for yourself....:((( ...It ain't a holiday, but it's the first day citizens can breathe easy.....

Our government is full of people who spend their working hours trying to find politically acceptable ways to screw the public even beyond that.....municipal taxes, roadside speed traps, gas taxes, clawbacks on government payouts to low and middle income families, and outright corruption with ongoing patronage polical appointments, dishonest sponsorship scandals, and the worlds worst gun laws (and TOTALLY incompetent Gun Control administration)

Be thankful you live south of the border....

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Did that motorcycle cop by the OAC entrance on Lancaster get you?

Reply to
mikey

If you can get your hands on a MD-12, go for it.

Reply to
Frank Olson

No, I've seen them before there !! With four vehicles insured under my name, I can't take a chance of a ticket.... it would just create another excuse for my insurance company to gouge me even more....so I creep around like a little old lady out for her monthly Sunday drive...

Just pisses me off all this stupid speed enforcement on roads with ridiculously slow speed limits that by design just beg for a more rationale speed. Cripes, there are four lane roads here with a 40 kph speed limit !! Good way to collect illicit taxes, that's all !!....police think they're doing something useful, politicians look to be doing something useful, city hall collects more taxes.....and we all get screwed just a bit more !!!!!!!

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

What? A new 3.2 version 5010? js

Reply to
alarman

Yech although I doubt that's your trouble, can't hurt to try a different modem tho

What version is the 5010? Wouldn't happen to be that new 3.2 version would it?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Funny they would do that. It's like a 5020 with just 2 pgm's and 2 partitions. There's only about $20 difference between the two now. js

Reply to
alarman

I never did get the 10 panels Pete Suica promised me at ISC West 05. Talk is cheap, and Pete is a poop head. js

Reply to
alarman

I think he means SIA false alarm reduction features. Go to their website and look at the manual. It's just a cut-down 5020. js

Reply to
alarman

No, definately a version 2.0. I looked this afternoon for the file you sent me some years ago with the patch to add all those other modems to the DSC software. Maybe if you find it in your travels you could send it to me again ??....many thanks...

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.