ADT Focus 32

After taking over a Power 832 from ADT the other night, as per usual, the next day I tried to dial in to check my settings. No matter how many times I connect (using auto detect or otherwise), the software tells me it cannot identify the panel.

I seem to remember dialing in to Focus 82 private labelled panels before with no trouble, but this one can't be recognized by the software (latest version with all drivers). The client is way out in the country and has a very noisy telephone line, so might that be the reason why ?

Anyone had this experience before ?

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell
Loading thread data ...

If the small white label beneath the firmware chip states PC5010ADT...you won't be able to use the DLS2002, unless you have the patch installed. Sometimes ADT or their authorized dealers use off the shelf boards on service calls, or if the run out of stock. This is why you were probably able to get into some in the past.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Ah ha ! Thanks Jim. Next time I'm out that way, I'll look at the board again to see if it's their "proprietary" (more like semi proprietary...) model. I didn't know that....

I used the standard DSC 5010 vers 2.0 programming sheets to program it. Hope that was OK. If not, maybe I should go change out the board...whatdaya think ?

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

You should be ok. The only thing I see different sometimes is that ADT has its own variations of CID codes for certain types of signals.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I'm using SIA so there shouldn't be a problem then. Thanks for the update.

It's kind of unfortunate since this client is a great many miles from home. If he needs any software changes, it's a visit or walk him through it at the keypad.

Note to Mark...any idea where to get the ADT software drivers...

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Umm ADT? :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yeah...right.....:))

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.