Help Request: Paradox Spectra Programming to a Pager/Cell

I have a Paradox Spectra 1728 v2.4 system, I have the programming guide but cannot for the life of me figure out the options to set this up for pager dialing on an alarm trip. Everything else works great...

I have the Installer codes... Just wondering if anyone knows how to get to get a pager/cell going...

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Reply to
leftclick
Loading thread data ...

Yes, it can be a problem to get it to call a pager, but usually, it is because you have not built into the dialing strings the delays necessary to "talk" to the network. I have done it several times, but it is usually a pain in the butt in every case.

Read the programming sheets carefully, and try calling your pager by phone, and note the various delays necessary between responses. Build these in and everything should work well. Don't forget to program in an artificial account number, or nothing will happen. When the signal is received, you will see on the pager screen, only that account number, followed by a meaningless string of digits which represent the actual alarms. Don't try to figure it out; it's indescipherable !! After that, you then have to figure out what you're going to do about it, since it's impossible to know if this is an alarm or some kind of reportable trouble.

R.H.Campbell Home Security Metal Products Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

formatting link

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

What does Paradox do when it doesn't handshake and dump to a reciever? Will it comm fail at the panel?

| > I have the Installer codes... Just wondering if anyone knows how to | > get to get a pager/cell going... | >

| > Thanks in advance! | >

| > Cheers! | >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Thanks gents.

Would either of you know which programming options are necessary to cause a dial out after an alarm? The programming guide is vague, but has a section, "....[137] Event Call Direction, [1] Call Telephone #1 for Arming/Disarming Report Codes ON/OFF..." and it continues like that for "Telephone #2" and for "Alarm/Restore Report Codes", "Tamper/Restore Report Codes", "Trouble/Restore Report Codes","Special Report Codes", I have them all enabled but the system doesn't attempt a dial after an alarm at all...

works fine, just it won't dial out after an alarm...

I tried the paradox website but it requires a user/pass to get the setup documents beyond this vague progamming manual. Are there any other websites or resources that might help out there?

Cheers.

Reply to
leftclick

I assume that the pager format must take that into account. The panel will try once to dial the pager, and then that's it, unlike the usual 8 attempts times two dialers to reach the monitoring station receiver.....

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

did you program an account number in the panel? if not it wont dial..

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
petem

Thanks Pete, I'll try that.

Reply to
leftclick

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.