Can DSC 5010 trigger a custom relay or close a circuit during an alarm

Hi. I have a DSC 832 / 5010 panel, with about 2 dozens zones. It's been w orking great for years. My setup is like this:

1. DSC 5010
  2. 5 DSC4985 flood sensors around the house (dishwasher, ice maker, bathroo m, sump pump, etc.).
  3. FloodStop main water shutoff valve in furnace room next to DSC panel.
  4. FloodStop is also connected to its own wired flood sensors on the furnac e room floor, and connected to DSC panel.
  5. FloodStop looks like this:
    formatting link
    dStop_p/fs34npt.htm

When water is detected on furnace room floor and triggers FloodStop sensor, FloodStop automatically shut offs main water supply, and triggers a DSC zo ne, triggering an alarm.

If a wireless DSC 4985 sensor triggers around the house (ie. dishwasher), t he DSC alarm sounds, but FloodStop is not affected and so the main water su pply is not shut off.

I want to update my setup so that if any alarm or zone is triggered in the house (or ideally just a DSC 4985 flood zone), the DSC panel will either tr igger a custom relay, or close a circuit. I would use that relay/circuit t o trigger the FloodStop sensor on the floor, and thereby shutoff the main w ater supply.

Is there a way for me to wire a circuit off of the DSC panel that will only close if an alarm sounds, or specific zones are triggered? Or is there s ome other way to do what I am trying to do? Which is effectively have the wireless DSC 4985s trigger my FloodStop main water line shutoff valve.

Thanks, -Glen.

Reply to
glen
Loading thread data ...

working great for years.

oom, sump pump, etc.).

ace room floor, and connected to DSC panel.

oodStop_p/fs34npt.htm

r, FloodStop automatically shut offs main water supply, and triggers a DSC zone, triggering an alarm.

the DSC alarm sounds, but FloodStop is not affected and so the main water supply is not shut off.

e house (or ideally just a DSC 4985 flood zone), the DSC panel will either trigger a custom relay, or close a circuit. I would use that relay/circuit to trigger the FloodStop sensor on the floor, and thereby shutoff the main water supply.

ly close if an alarm sounds, or specific zones are triggered? Or is there some other way to do what I am trying to do? Which is effectively have th e wireless DSC 4985s trigger my FloodStop main water

WOW- its been almost a year for this.

is this a monitored system? did you install it?

if you were using the newer 1832- you can set all the 4985's in a group of zones, like zones 9-15, then go into programming, and have anytime ANY of those zones activate, they then trigger one of the two programmable outputs.

with the 5010, theres not much to do

Reply to
jeff nyitrai

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.