Problem With ADT System - Need Advice

Reply to
I brive a dus
Loading thread data ...

This moron thinks I'm the leader of ASA. :^)

No, he's really the CEO. I just cook the cheeseburgers.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

your 30 years of experience in your little burg.

back to NY. Sorry about that CT.

Grain alcohol? Hmm. That explains a lot.

Now, just hold it right there, buster. You may be an idiot but that does noty give you the right to impersonate the MM. One person alone has worked hard ever since dropping out of eighth grade (just in time to register for the draft:)) to earn that title.

Bitter? Now you're confusing me with Jiminex.

Me too, but I like Florida even better. I'll be enjoying the fall in a few weeks though. My second home is a bit south of here. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Oh, that is too funny. I hadn't heard about that, Tom. Do you recall when that was?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

up by actually practicing your idiocy.

That's how we found each other at the club. We

He and I have matching thongs we wear while

You're going to get me in trouble with my Brasileira.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Naah. He's not enough to bother. It's too much fun reading his asinine claims. No one here believes his ridiculous spiel anyway. He can probably get Olson to list him as an"ASA recommended dealer" though.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

It was in the mid 90's when West Hartford took them to court for the huge false alarm rate, and some non responses in WH schools monitored by Sonitrol. I had the Hartford Courant article in the old pitch book.

Here's another story about Sonitrol's stellar response to alarms :-o

formatting link
> I can assure you Sonitrol is about as

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

Reply to
I brive a dus

First off Sorry to hear that Robert( or for that matter any person is ill) that being said.

Go back a couple of pages to where this all started. I answered someone question with an opinion from me. I thought that what this news group was about. Immediately Robert and Roland started attacking Sonitrol (SonaTrash). If you all got off your high horses and looked at the banter I spent most of the time trying to level the playing field. I never said one bad thing about YOUR TECHNOLOGY. You on the other hand had nothing to say nice about Sonitrol.

Quite frankly I am not effected either way. I though this was all good fun banter. Apparently ya just can't walk into the insane asylum with out stepping on some nuts.

Hey if you took offence, so be it. Quite frankly if this is the "professional new groups" that someone said it was, quite frankly many of your were rather unprofessional and extremely rude. You did not defend your product, you attacked Sonitrol's.

I did not lamb baste you or your technology I leveled the playing field. You spit your horror stories about Sonitrol and I showed that you had just as many. Robert Blasted how many complaints there were about Sonitrol and I easily found the same about his.

You know you may all think you walk on water... and maybe you do in your small world. But as individuals you are very small and condescending.

Hey I welcome Robs "minions sniffing up my skirt" but I will be the one in pants. If Rob is as big as you say he is then he had better be careful as well. Big people have bigger skeletons. And quite frankly if me, the "piss ant" can ruffle your panties this much I truly feel sad for you.

As always... Take Care...

Reply to
pyro

Most folks here wish the best for Robert as well. Some don't and make no secret of it.

Not true! I never referred to Sonitrol as Sonitrash. I wish I had thought that one up, but that was Bass. I just laughed when I read it.

Reply to
Roland Moore

While you didn't directly attack the monitoring methods employed by some of the posters here your company BLASTS digital monitoring on their website and claims police response times average 7 minutes on a Sonitrol alarm as opposed to 45 minutes on digital alarms. Where did that info come from? What looney bird manufactured those numbers? Don't try to tell me the police kept records of how many Sonitrol alarms they responded to and the average response times for Sonitrol and non-Sonitrol systems. That's pure baloney. YOU posted and boasted about Sonitrol in a forum made up of your competitors so don't complain when your feet get held to the fire by those wanting you to substantiate the claims you and your employer make. Now if you want to discuss the merits of audio verification without plugging your business I am certain your posts would be seen in a different light. I would welcome that conversation. If you'd wish to discuss sales techniques or approaches I am open for that too. Bragging about 40yr old technology and the alleged superiority of an extremely tarnished national alarm company in this forum will only draw criticism. You seem like a decent guy and I suspect you will contribute some dandy posts here so let's not get off on the wrong foot because of your Sonitrol puffery.

pyro wrote:

Reply to
I brive a dus

Ah, yes. I do recall a lawsuit about non-response. I didn't realise that their extraordinarily high false alarm rate was also part of the suit. I think Associated ended up replacing many of those systems. I never bothered to bid on public school buildings.

formatting link
I think that story or another one like it was posted here a while back. You have to hand it to those guys though. They can tell prospective customers all that crap about their system and still keep a straight face. I think even Olson would have a hard time telling that one without bursting out laughing.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Tom,

Here are a few more for your pitch book.

1. Liberty Furniture v. Sonitrol, 53 Wn. App. 879, 770 P.2d 1086, review denied,
113 Wn.2d 1005 (1989). In that case, a company hired Sonitrol to monitor its warehouses for fire. The contract limited Sonitrol's liability for any loss to a sum equal to ten percent of the annual service charge or $250, whichever was greater. Liberty Furniture subsequently lost a warehouse full of furniture when its sprinkler system activated without Sonitrol notifying the company of the problem with the system. The trial court instructed the jury that Sonitrol's gross negligence would invalidate this clause. Id. at 880. The court of appeals affirmed this jury instruction.

1. Hill v. Sonitrol of Southwestern Ohio, Inc., 36 Ohio St.3d 36, 1988

A woman was accosted outside her building and forced back inside where she suffered a brutal assault. Sonitrol did nothing. She lost the case because the contract stated the security system was only for the benefit of the building's owner and not for anyone on the premises. The point here is that Sonitrol either didn't pick up anything at all or (worse) ignored the whole thing.

1. Dzwonkowski v. Sonitrol of Mobil, Inc. No. 1030285 Apr. 23, 2004 Corporate wrongdoing

1. Indiana Decisions - Sonitrol owes million to murder victim's child "Sonitrol owes million to murder victim's child" is the headline to this story today in the Muncie StarPress. Some quotes:

MUNCIE - Sonitrol Security Systems of Muncie was partly responsible for the death of Michael Young, a 33-year-old liquor store clerk who was murdered in 1997, a Delaware Circuit Court 1 jury has ruled. The seven-member jury decided Young's child, Darian, now 10, was entitled to recover $1 million in damages from the local Sonitrol franchise. "The alarm company essentially failed to send help when help was needed," said James Fisher, an Indianapolis attorney representing Young's mother, Ruby, and brother, Monty. * * *

Normally, the liquor store closed at midnight, at which time Young, working alone, would activate the burglar alarm. If he or another employee failed to activate the burglar alarm, Sonitrol would call the store within a half hour. If no one answered, Sonitrol would immediately call the liquor store's general manager.

On the night in question, Sonitrol didn't call the store's general manager until

3:15 a.m. to find out why the burglar alarm had not been armed at midnight.

There are lots more similar stories -- many of them tragic -- involvong this irresponsible company.

Here's another story about Sonitrol's stellar response to alarms :-o

formatting link
> I can assure you Sonitrol is about as

Reply to
Robert L Bass

"Roland Moore" a écrit dans le message de news:

45a72f3c$0$5222$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com...

Nope he thinks what he write is a fact,so its not bad...

make me think of a few others here...

Reply to
Petem

I don't think that it is any one here's technology. besides the technology the we are all using(yours included) is no good if you lamb baste it. I do have a recipe for boiled moose 1100 though. it has this nice wine sauce with it. YUM YUM.

Reply to
Tommy

irresponsible company.

How "responsible" was it for you to sell ELK M-1 Gold panels when they weren't UL Listed? How many "fire alarm systems" did you sell (that incorporated the ELK M-1) in the year it took from the panel's release to it's acceptance by UL? You frequently boast "hundreds" or "thousands" of one product or another. When the equipment fails due to your gross negligence in promoting a product that wasn't UL Listed what are you going to do? Move to Brazil permanently?

Reply to
Frank Olson

And I wonder how many of your customers purchased ELK M-1Gold systems from you *before* they were UL Listed. Speaking about "industry w***es" and "irresponsible companies", I rank your "marketing efforts" right up there with Groupie Muderator's, Bass. Both of you "jumped" on the Elk bandwagon at the same time and God only knows how many innocent victims you gulled into buying an unlisted product. More-over, I don't see any effort on your part to "make it right" by offering replacement boards. Not even ELK (the manufacturer) provides that service and I would think Wade should.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Rodney, is that you? WHACK! js

Reply to
alarman

You might get better results if you sprinkle the moose with fresh rosemary sprigs first.

we are all using(yours included) is no good if you

nice wine sauce with it. YUM YUM.

spit your horror stories about Sonitrol and I showed

about Sonitrol and I easily found the same about his.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
Roland

Roland wrote: Lamb? Don't they grow in Sheep?

That's BAAAaaaaaadddddd.

Norm Mugford

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Norm Mugford

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.