Powermax software

Sure. Every time I don't buy there. js

Reply to
alarman
Loading thread data ...

I am not forgetting anything. I don't do reach-around. When you're fat like me it's just called the roll around. If you reach you might stretch and make it look like a fat wrinkle is missing. Most unattractive.

Reply to
Roland Moore

It just looks like he is getting his ass kissed. The "ass kissers" are really taking a bite, it's delicious!

Reply to
Roland Moore

Reply to
Roland Moore

If you say so, your Majesty.

Reply to
Frank Olson

That's your choice of words, not mine.

Manuals and software are both the intellectual property of the companies that own them. The law is the same.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

The units were made by Detection Systems before Bosch bought them out. It was the microwave component that failed, and they did replace some of the units, but they failed too. No remuneration for service time. js

Reply to
alarman

That may be, but it's obvious to all of us that there's a "line" between "manuals" and "software". When I contacted DSC about your pirating their software the first time, they acted to protect their property. In the second instance, all I had to do was post the URL to the page on your site and you removed the software. The most unprofessional thing any web designer can do is publish a web page that's caulker-block full of broken links (and that's something you stated to a poster several months ago).

Now some manufacturers may take issue with Jim's site. I think the only one that's actually done anything about it has been Brinks. I don't for one minute believe you are so naive as to think the other manufacturers don't know what Jim's up to.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
Roland Moore

You were the one calling him a pirate, one can draw no other conclusion, a modern day pirate steals software

And it is up to the companies to give approval if they want their manuals posted, I've dealt with them on that very issue while at Westinghouse and with regards to manuals they rarely have problems with it, software is another story. In Rojas's case he removed what the manufacturers (Radionics, Eagle) didn't want posted.

I also find it amusing that you fallback on the "well everyone does it" defense which seems to be par for the course with people like you

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Reply to
Roland

You know you can add a night light to the top of the unit, or add a camera. Cheap way to get a night light or an almost covert camera if you need one. Bosch is always changing their tune. They told us you had to be a BCSD to get the Blue Line detectors. I guess money talks and BS walks.

Reply to
Roland

Eagle was an FBI "clone".

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
Roland

Yep. The funny thing is those Blue Line sensors aren't expensive. I wonder why they made such a big deal about it.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Me, too. There have been three manufacturers (out of a couple of hundred) who asked me not to use their images. I have a semi-pro photography studio so I took my own images.

To date not one single manufacturer has so much asked me about their software. When I still had the FAQ webservers running I used to maintain software and manuals online. Now I let the manufacturers and distributors provide it to my customers.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Maybe because they're waiting for Nike to file suit for using there swoosh look alike logo.

Reply to
Roland

They knew about the problem but kept it quiet. Ask RHC. js

Reply to
alarman

It is hard for fat guys to keep up. Didn't you see Full Metal Jacket?

Reply to
Roland

Try to keep up please

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.