Powermax software

Mr. Olson is hoping to get me to fight with him by posting a lie. It won't work.

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

For the sake of clarity, there is no moderator on this newsgroup. Anyone can change his nickname to "moderator" but it doesn't mean anything.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You know everyone is sitting around with their Coke and Popcorn staring at their computer screen waiting for it all to start. Doctors tell me that having a fighting spirit is always a good sign that a person is getting on the road back to good health. I hope that is the road you're on. But we don't want to rush you, only you know when you're ready. You don't have to fight necessarily. I am sure the crowd would be just as entertained if you took that olive branch and shoved it up someone's... well ... never mind. Just work on getting well.

Reply to
Roland

The first time Bass did this was several years ago (before he had the "search-me" store). He provided DSC's software as a free download from his website, BassHome. When I contacted DSC to apprise them of the situation, it took exactly 23 minutes for the software to disappear. The second time Bass did this was only very recently. The software was available as a download from all three of his websites after I posted the links to the specific pages. Every one had a unique base address (BassHome, BassBurger, and SecurityAlarmSystems). The links are still there though along with the downloading instructions. The files have been removed. It's exactly like catching someone with their hands in the cookie jar... (or holding a "smoking gun")... AFAIK, that's Bass standing on the "Grassy Knoll" with the umbrella... :-)

Yep. But the smoke recall is going very well (from what I hear). Not only are they providing a free replacement, they'll also credit you with $25.00 per detector (that you have to switch).

I've been "bitten" many times. Ask me about the DSC PC-3000 that used to "self arm"... in partitions that weren't even programmed... That got me off DSC for about five years. When you have to go around and change out 114 chips, that's a major pain in the pocket-book (and one I'm not liable to forget for a very long time).

I've never had a problem with customer support. There are a couple of guys at the local Tri-ed branch that are positive treasures.

Don't wait on DSC. Call your distributor.

I've rarely had to "swap panels". All my guys carry spare boards in their vans so getting a bad one "out of the box" isn't a huge issue.

I'd suggest you contact your distributor.

Heh... Sure...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Really? Ask Tourman about some faulty Bosch motion detectors sometime...

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I hear back then Bass was just getting into grass; probably where the smoke came from.

I was lucky (not smart) enough not to have installed any. We use Hochiki, System Sensor and Bosch mostly.

I missed that fun with the PC 3000. I think we still have one or two out there. I only remember because I have to fire up the old DOS DLS-1 when a code change request comes in.

Our Tri-Ed branch is an old Richardson's branch with the same old Richardson's guys running it.

I called my distributor. I was standing right at the front counter yelling at the factory rep standing behind the counter. He swears he ordered it.

The panel swap was a recall on all 7212GV2, 7412GV2 and 9412GV2 units. It was the fact that it happened 3 separate times before they got it right that got me irked.

I'll try again. I am sure they'll have an entertaining excuse if nothing else.

Reply to
Roland Moore

I hope they're not holding their breath. :^)

Thanks, I am. I decided to use all the fight I have against the cancer.

How about if I just don't fight with them, period? They can say whatever they want. That's on them.

Hehhehheh. What a waste of good olive oil! Besides, it's much better cold pressed.

Yep.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Hehhehheh. That was a little before my time.

Since they never even called me, I'm not exactly shaking in my riding boots. :^)

Did you ever notice how none of these guys ever complains about Jim Rojas' collection of hundreds of thousands of pirated manuals which he sells online? FTR, I think Jim's site is a great asset to the trade, as well as to the thousands of end users who buy "dealer" manuals from him.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

They tried. But it's DSC remember. They just dialed the wrong phone number, that's all. So instead, they probably just deleted the file off of their own server to make up for it. If they thought it would save them a buck they would let you host all their FTP needs I am sure.

Remember it is special being you. You're the guy they love to hate. Jim Rojas doesn't mix it up with them like you do. But when Jim Rojas doesn't post for a while, they never seem to miss him like they do you.

Reply to
Roland Moore

They were Detection Systems at that time, but yeah. js

Reply to
alarman

Reply to
Roland

The only thing you are forgetting is the reach-around, or maybe he's forgetting yours

entertained

Reply to
Mark Leuck

So Rojas is now a thief?

The issue here is download software not manuals

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I can see why you might be confused then

Rojas has never been abusive to anyone in this newsgroup like RLB

Rojas has never cut down the industry to make a buck like RLB

Rojas is not a felon like RLB

Rojas doesn't make up stories like RLB

Rojas minds his own business so yea the quiet ones aren't as noticable as RLB and his ass kissers

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I would be curious what Bosch's response would be if the same thing happened on their watch

Reply to
Mark Leuck

That and the fact that as long as I can remember, Jim has sent manuals to anyone who asked for free. js

Reply to
alarman

I know what their respone was because I asked at ISC about the defective DS820 and DS835 units after Bosch bough out Detection Systems. The nice gent at their booth couldn't be bothered. Almost all the units I installed have failed and been replaced at my expense, and I will never buy another product from them. js

Reply to
alarman

Now see, had it been me .....

I'd have packaged a few of them up and sent them to the marketing manager of one of their competitors along with a letter out lining in detail how they refused to make good on their product. Of course a copy of the letter would go to their marketing manager also. Every new batch of bad ones would go to a different competitor. If you thought there were going to any ramifications from doing that, you could simply send the letter annoymously. Regardless, it would at least raise some "hackles"

By the way, did you ever pursue the Tri Ed issue?

Reply to
Jim

and its not like it's much of a profit

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yet big blue #2 thinks he's a risk... Gent's, were going to have to stand together help him in the legal battle. It's the principle of the matter at stake.

He's no more a pirate than I'm the Queen of France.

Reply to
Milhouse Van Houten

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.