PCD Manager - NAPCO User Management Software Issue

Anybody else on the group using it? I've got a client that is having an odd issue. When they delete a card user from the card user list and finalize it seems to work just fine, but then when they go to perform another function the software has inserted question marks in the data fields. They have to go back and delete the questions marks before they can finalize changes again. The next time around the question marks are back again. Its quite annoying.

I tried to call Napco tech support, but I must have called on a bad day because I spent as long on hold as you usually do when you call Ademco tech support. I gave up (had other customers to take care of and then this issue I have been having with QWorst all week), but I did drop Dave Sheffey an email, and left a reminder call on his voice mail earlier this week detailing the problem and asking if he could have the appropriate party email a response or some ideas back to me. So far no response. I figured I would give you guys a shot.

Yes, I already thought of the obvious shortcut of creating a user called "NOT VALID" to put in spots like that, but Mr Valid is only going to keep the customer off my back for so long.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

As you know I do use Napco but I just never got in to access control, for some unknown reason.

Reply to
Jim

Well, I guess the honeymoon is over. Still no response. I always had great support from Napco until now.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

You may know this or may have already tried but call support and ask for Don.

He's been there the longest and knows just about everything that I've ever asked him.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.