New house system recomendation

Rush Limbaugh was advertising that new piece of shit on the radio last week...you can buy it at CompUSA...sounds like the one we were talking about a few weeks ago.

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

Reply to
Bif

that actually looks better than the telephone one that being touted a few weeks ago...

revolutionary?? sheesh!

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You miss the point

Reply to
Mark Leuck

straight over the top,

???????????????????????

m
Reply to
Micky Savage

Still doesn't provide line seizure though. A number of other "issues" are evident as well.

Reply to
Frank Olson

dint say it looked good...only sarcastically better than the telephone with built in pir or whatever that thing was

| > revolutionary?? sheesh! | | Still doesn't provide line seizure though. A number of other "issues" | are evident as well.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

In my opinion .....the reason Napco is considered by others to be so hard to program is because it's more flexible than other panels.

Reply to
Jim

I agree, and disagree.... When it comes to things like customizing zone response Napco panels are GREAT... However, something as simple as disabling (without eliminating key feedback tones) the chime on the master bedroom keypad and allowing the chime to work on all other keypads in the home is elusive to the Napco line... Unless, you make the customer buy their LCD keypads... Don't get me wrong, I like Napco, I use a P3200 in my home... I'm still waiting for the P1664 (USA version)....... Regards, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

No, its because the act of programming it is far more cumbersome than any other panel manufacturer

Also I think they have some location errors in the latest P1664 installation manual

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I've had one for months now, are they not out in quantities yet?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I suppose you've never tried Ademco, OR you're just not proficient in programming Napco products.

Reply to
secure15

My distributor told me they're not available in the US yet, and that Napco doesn't know when it will be...... :-(

Reply to
Russell Brill

Mine has strange dialing issue that recently cropped up but its one of the few panels out there that can send multiple signals within a SIA string so I keep it around, nice system but more complicated to program than it has to be

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I've programmed about every panel made within the last 15 years from just about every manufacturer. I programmed countless Napco 1000/1008/1016, XP and GEM systems out in the field. Napco has ALWAYS been more difficult to program or even explain programming to someone else.

My primary panel of choice these days is Ademco and GE

Reply to
Mark Leuck

totally agree on the Napco. sheesh even trying to read the old 800 programming book would give me a migraine.

| > > No, its because the act of programming it is far more cumbersome than | any | > > other panel manufacturer | >

| > I suppose you've never tried Ademco, OR you're just not proficient in | > programming Napco products. | | | I've programmed about every panel made within the last 15 years from just | about every manufacturer. I programmed countless Napco 1000/1008/1016, XP | and GEM systems out in the field. Napco has ALWAYS been more difficult to | program or even explain programming to someone else. | | My primary panel of choice these days is Ademco and GE | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Again, apparently you're not that proficient: I have NO Problem or difficulty with ANY Napco programming- Ademco IS confusing! For the Last

20 years! GE to me seems to be in between the 2.
Reply to
secure15

I am quite proficient thank you, again all I can tell you is they are the most difficult to program and the most difficult to explain to others how to program. The damn things come with 3 manuals for crying out loud. Look at Napco's market share and you'll see most other companies feel the same way

GE is by far the easiest and Ademco is a close second

Reply to
Mark Leuck

FBII is second, Ademco 3rd IMO. Napco is definitely too confusing. If a tech can't just pick up a manual on an unfamiliar panel and figure out how to program it within 10 minutes, it's too confusing.

Reply to
G. Morgan

FBI is down the list mainly because of the zillion options for each program location

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.