I have a garage door and a garden door which I want to open and close with the same keypad installed outsidemy garden near the entrance to the garage. I also want to be able to open and close either of them with a remote, and I also want them wired into my video monitoring system inside the home.
The garage door and the garden door will be operated by a motor.
I have some basic questions:
- Will any keypad work with any video security monitoring/intercom system ? Do they abide by some standard ?
- Same with the motors for my garage door and garden door: do the keypads and the motors speak a common language ?
- What does "two relay outputs" mean ?
- What does "two solid state outputs" mean ?
- Can I fit this myself or do I have to have a technician ?
- I had a bit of a look around: AKR-1 from Linear sort of seemed to fit the bill. Any thoughts from anyone ? Is there something better ? What is the Rolls-Royce solution ?
I need somethin which is vandal and weather proof as it will be installed outside.
Many thanks in advance for any thoughts, recommendations, Tolga