New house system recomendation

Building new house and interested in recommendations on the best alarm system to install. I will most likely be doing the work myself. I have installed three full systems (2 DSC and 1 Moose) thus far and have never had a problem with them. The Moose 1100 I installed over 10 years ago seemed much better made than the DSCs. It was almost like comparing a John Deere with a Murray. Although I haven't had problems with either system.

I want something hardwired, dependable, user friendly, and something a DIYer could install and program.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

JollyRoger

Reply to
jollyroger
Loading thread data ...

Hi, Go cordless and use powermax + by visonic.

Regards

Mick

Leeds U.K.

Reply to
Micky Savage

I am from the old school I dont like wireless, and am an old moose man my self. I changed to caddx NX8 I have used wireless for hard to get to areas but like hard copper.

Reply to
Rich

keywords: building new house why would you do a wireless when the house is wide open?!

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Elk M1-Gold.

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Why not? m

Reply to
Micky Savage

Oh, YUCK! js

Reply to
alarman

Same here. The Moose panels were bulletproof, and the NX8's are ok. I like DSC though, they do everything I need and work as well or beter than anything else out there. js

Reply to
alarman

Cuz it's not necessary? js

Reply to
alarman

Nice one Alarm man,

I like it.

M
Reply to
Micky Savage

Unless someone has something really bad to say about the quality of the

DSC systems I'll probably go with them. Especially since I've already installed two of them. Hope I remember how to program them. I was thinking maybe there was a system out there to match the commercial look and feel of the Moose. The DSCs seem so toylike to me.

I'm amazed at how many people I know with systems that have been professionally installed by some of the big name companies that have all sorts of problems with false alarms. Over more than 10 years I've had only one false alarm that I couldn't account for. A motion went off for no known reason. And I have full perimeter,motion, fire protection whereas most of the pro systems are only front/back door and

1 motion.

I trust the hardwired systems more than the wireless. With all the "noise" out there in radio land it seems the wireless would have to have more falses. But I could be wrong.

regards, JollyRoger

Reply to
jollyroger

Modern equivalent (when comparing Quality) to Moose Z1100 = Napco P3200 w/K1CA keypad... But, it's not easy to program and not quite as flexible as some of the other products available...

Reply to
Russell Brill

Not quite, the Moose panel compares more to this

formatting link

Reply to
Mark Leuck

And I thought he was serious about security, oh well

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Elk M1-Gold.

formatting link

Reply to
Group-Moderator

DSC

formatting link

Reply to
Group-Moderator

Hi Mark, I have never had a problem with them,

Regards.

Mick

Reply to
Micky Savage

because: wireless is more expensive

wireless has battery overhead $ over the years

wireless upgrade path could be very expensive down the road you may have to replace the entire system instead of just a keypad if the product line is discontinued

Reply to
Crash Gordon

What no Loxxon Loxxoff?

| > I want something hardwired, dependable, user friendly, and something a | > DIYer could install and program. | >

| > Thanks for any advice you can offer. | >

| > JollyRoger | >

| | | Elk M1-Gold.

formatting link

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Loxxon doesn't do home automation. It's too small for a boat anchor and just a little too big for a door stop. I understand "AlarmFarce" was interested but they're having a problem adapting it to "AlarmVoice". I'm kinda glad that part fell through because I just couldn't imagine "Professor X" and Joel Matlin together in a radio commercial.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.