wirelss system upgrade suggestions please

Hi all! First time poster here. I just moved into a house with an existing system (DSC PC-1550) and I would like to upgrade to a newer system. I would like to add a few wireless zones and have dialer and

2-way voice communication capabilities. I will also be adding a surveillance system (3 cams max) and would appreciate some equipment recommendations. I'm considering purchasing the D-Link DCS-5300G cameras but I'm open to any other wireless camera suggestions. The cameras are motion activated but is there a way to connect the motion sensor to the alarm so I am notified if it trips? The cameras have the ability to email you on their own but I would like the alerts to all come from one source if possible.

For the recording aspect of the surveillance system I want to set up a computer at a different location to record. Because of my location this system will not be monitored so I want to be able to monitor everything myself. I have a wireless router and a computer system what else do I need? I've never installed a home security system before but I have a background in car audio and security so wiring, sensors, programming and blinky flashy things are not new to me.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Reply to
kevin
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.