15 sec dialer delay

Maybe I am over looking something here but these new GE panels [NX8V2] that have a built in 15 sec delay on the dialer in order to decrease false alarms seem to be causing problems when used with a digital Uplink anynet instead of solving them. Customer comes in wrong door and sets off instant alarm and goes to keypad and disarms system withiin the 15 sec. digital uplink sends generic burg. Panel sends nothing. no alarm, no cancel, no nothing. How is that going to decrease false alarms? Am I missing something? At least with the old NX8 central would get alarm and cancel signals to go along with generic burg from uplink. Seems the powers that be who built in this 15 sec delay should have thought about this or at least come up with a full data digital like the NX 591 was a full data analog.

Reply to
Don
Loading thread data ...

I believe you can also program the uplink to also have a 15 second transmission delay as well.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I think you can had a delay on the uplink as Jim said but if you cant...

using a timer delay relay as the triggering device for the uplink would fix the trouble,but this would also prevent fire alarm to be screened from burglary alarm if using one sirens output for both fire and burglar..(pulse for fire and continuous for burglar)

"Don" a écrit dans le message de news: %GiKg.18369$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews3.bellsouth.net...

Reply to
Petem

Reply to
JoeRaisin

can't find one on the dealer set up site.

Reply to
Don

I am using the speaker output on this one to trigger the uplink. on another using the aux relay to trigger uplink. either way the uplink would send after 15 sec with relay and the panel would still send nada if disarmed. right?

Reply to
Don

Put the uplink on an output trigger and delay that?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Nope, be nice if they did but the liability of something like that would be hell

Reply to
Mark Leuck

don't see where I can delay an aux output on a NX8 but you got me thinking in a different direction. How about using an aux output to trigger on code entry and define that in uplink as a cancel? going to uplink site now to see if possible. will report back. thanks.

Reply to
Don

cancel is not an option in the uplink setup definitions. so much for false alarm reduction in the industry, huh? Any Uplink guys reading this? Add CANCEL to the setup for Anynet GSM. Then give me a job in management for coming up with this.;)

Reply to
Don

explain exactly how they could possibly do this?

Neither Uplink or GE can take into account every possibe combination that their products will be used for

Reply to
Mark Leuck

add cancel to the list of definitions in the alarm setup. whew, that was hard.

yea I guess you're right. who needs a bleedin cancel signal anyway. and screw the constabulary, they are probably just eating donuts anyway, right. a few false alarms are good exersize, heh.

Reply to
Don

TRY THIS

formatting link

Reply to
Group-Moderator

Yea, who da thunk some crazy installer would have put a cell back up on a security panel?

Reply to
socko

good find there Group! interesting device. won't help me but interesting non the less

Reply to
Don

I guess if you have an alarm panel that could be programmed to close/open a relay upon a cancel you could do this...but otherwise how would you do it? How would you tell Uplink to send a cancel?

| >> >> Put the uplink on an output trigger and delay that? | >> >>

| >> >

| >> > don't see where I can delay an aux output on a NX8 but you got me | > thinking | >> > in a different direction. How about using an aux output to trigger on | >> > code entry and define that in uplink as a cancel? going to uplink site | >> > now to see if possible. will report back. thanks. | >>

| >> cancel is not an option in the uplink setup definitions. so much for | > false | >> alarm reduction in the industry, huh? Any Uplink guys reading this? Add | >> CANCEL to the setup for Anynet GSM. Then give me a job in management for | >> coming up with this.;) | >

| > explain exactly how they could possibly do this? | | add cancel to the list of definitions in the alarm setup. whew, that was | hard. | | >

| > Neither Uplink or GE can take into account every possibe combination that | > their products will be used for | | yea I guess you're right. who needs a bleedin cancel signal anyway. and | screw the constabulary, they are probably just eating donuts anyway, right. | a few false alarms are good exersize, heh. | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

the NX8 will trigger an aux relay on code entry, which will trigger one of the zones on the Uplink. then I could have the Uplink send a WATER alarm [or other signal, since they don't have CANCEL in the definitions for signals]. Then redefine WATER at the CS to mean CANCEL. Don't know if I should depend on the CS to interpret WATER as CANCEL?

Reply to
Don

That'd work if it triggers the relay on Open After Alarm (I don't know the NX8) otherwise you'll get a 'cancel' everything the alarm is opened.

I've had no problems with central station conversion tables ever...no reason why you shouldn't be able to convert one type of incoming signal to another...in the olden days you had to for almost everything!

Reply to
Crash Gordon

So set up the panel to trigger an output on the Uplink then set the Uplink for 4/2 reporting. Closest trigger I can see is Alarm Memory

It will do no good for Uplink to create a CANCEL signal since the alarm panel can't trigger an output specifically by a cancel. If you want to point fingers then it looks like GE

Reply to
Mark Leuck

A job at GE would be ok. ;)

Thanks for your input. Alarm memory....hmm....hadn't thought of that one. But that would signal an alarm not a disarm after alarm, right? I'm sure ?? the NX 591 digital is in the works which will eventually fix this cobbled up digital cell backup solution. But for now the auto cancel and the no dialer delay of the NX8 appears to be better for this cobbled up digital cell back up than the NX8V2 with the 15 sec dialer delay unless they had cancel as one of the aux ouput triggers [which they don't]. Closest I can see is "code entry" but that would send a signal any time the code was entered and might cause additional expense for too many uplink signals during billing cycle.

Reply to
Don

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.