FS: Simon

Anyone want a Simon with one wireless pir & one door/window transmitter, battery & xfmr?

Removed it from a house saturday...a house that had a full alarm in it that I installed 16 years ago and is still in working condition (figure that one out).

Anyway, looks in good condition probably a few years old. Makes noise. $25.00 USD + shipping and it's your's. I have enough boat anchors around here.

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

PLEASE: Place equipment under van tire. Next, start van engine... then, adjust mirror & your sunglasses. Finally, put foot on brake, then put van in drive, release brake pedal, HIT accelerator pedal (with smile on face)... After your rear wheels clear the debris, stop van and have a cigarette......... Repeat all steps if evil equipment is still breathing :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

I did that to the last one I pulled.

This one looks brand new...so I figured what the heck...it'd pay for my gas if I could dump it for few bucks.

| > Removed it from a house saturday...a house that had a full alarm in it | > that | > I installed 16 years ago and is still in working condition (figure that | > one | > out). | >

| > Anyway, looks in good condition probably a few years old. Makes noise. | > $25.00 USD + shipping and it's your's. I have enough boat anchors around | > here. | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

No thanks. i already have one or two of those boat anchors lying around.

Reply to
Tommy

Not heavy enough for boat anchors (they probably will float), but they do make wonderful door props.

"Tommy" wrote in message news:450e8ec8$0$19722$ snipped-for-privacy@free.teranews.com... No thanks. i already have one or two of those boat anchors lying around.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I wonder if they are light enough to subsitute for clay pigeons in a trap shoot?

Reply to
Tommy

yup they will do...I used some as firing target 3 to 4 years ago at at field day party for the company,it was at my firearm club.... we did a small bbq and a small shooting tournament and we were shooting at defective or removed alarm parts...

it was fun to destroy all those old board and receiver..(isc and such) old ITI sx-v and moose circuit board and keypad

"Tommy" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Petem

They'd be perfect for that!

I still laugh when I yank these things out...I love the backup battery and built in "siren"...how kute!

| >

| >

| >

| > Crash Gordon wrote: | >

| >> Anyone want a Simon with one wireless pir & one door/window transmitter, | >> battery & xfmr? | >>

| >> Removed it from a house saturday...a house that had a full alarm in it | >> that | >> I installed 16 years ago and is still in working condition (figure that | >> one | >> out). | >>

| >> Anyway, looks in good condition probably a few years old. Makes noise. | >> $25.00 USD + shipping and it's your's. I have enough boat anchors around | >> here. | >

| > -- | > Posted via a free Usenet account from

formatting link
| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Was it a set em up, knock em down? or did ya'll sling them with a thrower?

Either way, sounds like a lot of fun.

Reply to
Tommy

Be glad Pete didn't surrender to them. After all, he is French :-)

Tommy wrote:

day party for the company,it was at my firearm club....

defective or removed alarm parts...

ITI sx-v and moose circuit board and keypad

snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Everywhere Man

they were all on large piece of wood at around 50 feet from the shooter..

when they were not hit with enough force,and not totally destroyed they were back on the wood for another round..

"Tommy" a écrit dans le message de news:

4515e01f$0$19684$ snipped-for-privacy@free.teranews.com... Was it a set em up, knock em down? or did ya'll sling them with a thrower?

Either way, sounds like a lot of fun.

Reply to
Petem

be careful here..all the best sniper from the Canadian army are French....

I don't know why but we kind of produce al lot of those...

they are even better then the American one,in the first year in Afghanistan our task force of sniper killed like 25 time more hit then the American by ratio...

"Everywhere Man" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Petem

Which means part of standard issue for a Canadian sniper is a white flag?

Reply to
Everywhere Man

"Everywhere Man" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...

That I cant argue!

Must be because you create craps at a very high rate....;-)

Reply to
Petem

How can that be?

You guys aren't even allowed to have guns up there anymore ..... are you?

I can just see the Canadian govenment going to the sharpshooters and asking them to please register their guns. After all ..... they might hurt someone.

Just a point of interest. The origin of the word sharpshooter comes from about the mid 19th century. There was a long range cartridge rifle manufactured by a company called Sharps. It took a lot of practice to become good a using them and those that were ..... were called Sharps shooters.

Just kidding with you Pete. I truly sympathize with your plight regarding gun control and registration up there. Hope the new party begins to turn it around for you.

Reply to
Jim

Speaking of interesting word origins:

"crapper" and later "crap" were born when the flushing commode was invented by a man named "Crapper", and his company was named the same. They put the company name on the water tank (they were seperate wooden boxes hung on the wall). When someone need to use the bathroom they would say "I'm going to the Crapper".

I have heard this about "shit" before, but later found out it was urban legend:

"Certain types of manure used to be transported (as everything was back then) by ship. In dry form it weighs a lot less, but once water (at sea) hit it. It not only became heavier, but the process of fermentation began again, of which a by-product is methane gas.

As the stuff was stored below decks in bundles you can see what could (and did) happen; methane began to build up below decks and the first time someone came below at night with a lantern. BOOOOM!

Several ships were destroyed in this manner before it was discovered what was happening.

After that, the bundles of manure where always stamped with the term "S.H.I.T" on them which meant to the sailors to "Ship High In Transit." In other words, high enough off the lower decks so that any water that came into the hold would not touch this volatile cargo and start the production of methane. "

formatting link

Reply to
G. Morgan

Well if we cant have guns any more I wonder what is in that firearm box that is connected on my alarm system...

Must be a club or maybe a bow?

You better read and take some notes,we HAVE to register or fire arm,but we still keep em!

And we can still shoot our heart out at some games,or on target practice

we try to keep human shooting to place like Afghanistan ;-) You know the firearm control politic here is kind of totally useless for event like what occurred at Dawson college,but if some cops come my home they will know I have some guns and wont rush in like they used to do,and in the mean time there is less risk for them and us,cause they will try to understand what's happening before coming in and get excited by something totally normal,like a man walking with a broom stick in his hand ;-)

"Jim" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Petem

Pete .... if you look in the history books of any nation that has mandated firearm registration, you'll find that the next step is confiscation. It's a slippery slope. Once the government begins to control the peoples ability to defend themselves, eventually the people find that it's the govenment that is their enemy.

This was just shown to be true in New Orleans, in the days after Katrina. When the people who remained behind had no govenment, no police to protect them against people who were looting, assalting and raping, What did the government do? They came in and took the firearms away from law abiding citizens so they couldn't protect themselves. How stupid can they be? There were all kinds of criminals running around assaulting people and the government takes the firearms away from the victims. The only good thing that happened as a result, was that the sale of firearms across the nation rose to new levels for months afterwards, once people saw what could happen to them, in any kind of an emergency or catastrophe.

I just can't understand the logic and don't understand how anyone can justify keeping firearms away from law abiding citizens when they can't guarantee the publics safety or stop the criminals from having firearms. How can registration of firearms of law abiding Canadians stop criminals from committing gun crimes? It was just proven that it doesn't work by the Dawson event, up there in Canada ..... yet nobody can put two and two together to come to the conclusion that "gun control laws" that keep firearms from law abiding citizens are ridiculous.

(sorry .... Rant switch OFF)

Reply to
Jim

"Jim" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@d34g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

I totally agree with you that this kind of law is useless against criminal,its just a kind of way for the cop to know when they enter a house if there is guns inside,so they can chicken out and call backups...

Reply to
Petem

Now THAT sounds like a bunch of BS.

You mean if the police wanted to enter a house and the records showed that the owner didn't have a registered firearm, they wouldn't call for backup and just walk right in the house? Yeh sure!

If that's the only reason they can come up with to register firearms..... and the public goes along with that, I've got a bunch of bridges I'm going to sell up there in Canada.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.