Custom Keypad Message on Which Ademco Panel?

Hello, Experts:

Do you know which Ademco panel(s) allow for a custom keypad message? For example, when the keypad displays "Ready to Arm", it also displays the name of the business or security company?

Thanks,

Rob Houston

Reply to
Rob Houston
Loading thread data ...
6160 I believe, and up.
Reply to
Crash Gordon

Crash:

Thanks for the response, but the 6160 is the keypad. I'm wondering which Ademco panel models will allow programming a custom "ready to arm" message. I don't believe all of the Ademco panels allow this.

Thanks again,

Rob

Reply to
Rob Houston

ah sorry.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

forties an fities ..

Reply to
cctvbahamas

I know the 40 does, that's as big as I go with Ademco stuff.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Vista-32FB and up, anything I know of below that doesn't

Reply to
Mark Leuck

never had any clients that needed more than a 50p.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Any special reason you haven't tried the larger Ademco / Honeywell systems? They're not any more difficult to install than the Vista-20P. I've had a fair number of DIY customers buy Vista-128FB and FBP series panels from my online store. So far very few have asked more than an occasional tech support question.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

The 10P/15P/20P won't let you change the "Ready to Arm" prompt, it allows some changes to the name of a partition screen but thats about it

Reply to
Mark Leuck

vista 10 p 15p and 20 p vista 50p vista 40 100 32fb 128 b bp fb etc all allow the banner in keypad

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Reply to
JoeRaisin

I use a different product line above the 20P.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Thanks to all of you for the information. You guys have a terrific amount of knowledge, and I really appreciate your sharing it!

Regards,

Rob

Reply to
Rob Houston

Makes sense. I get everything from people wanting a small, simple alarm system up to an ELK M1 Gold home automation system.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

OK. Which line? We deal with Ademco, Caddx, DSC (ugh), FBII (double-ugh), ITI, Napco, Paradox, etc.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You've also had a "fair number of DIY customers" post complaints about you so shut the f*ck up already.........nobody cares.

"Excuse me......who are you calling white? I'm PINK"

Reply to
no wires showing

Correction, those panels will allow that, sorry I doubted you Nick and thanks for cluing me into that one

Reply to
Mark Leuck

AT&T 8300? good panel!

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Including messages like this (in comp.home.automation):

"Mr. Bass,

Thanks for the reply. I filled-in a form, asking a (different) question on your website. Been a few days, and still no reply there. Guess this is a better place to ask!"

Interesting. He probably (and I say *probably*) used the new "send email link" you have on your website. When I sent you a short message you responded within 60 minutes that you didn't want to receive any further email from me. Seems to me that you have your priorities completely screwed up. What else is new?? :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.