Old Brinks panel and keypad

I'm hoping someone can identify a year for this system...

formatting link
...on this site it's mentioned the first keypad was used in the 80's and the second keypad was used in the 90's.

I'm curious as I have a takeover to do, obviously with a new panel and keypad at the very least, and haven't seen one of these systems (not a lot of Brinks panels around here). The panel looks nearly identical except it also includes a list of parts Brinks would want back in the event of time travel. The keypad he has is the 90's version as above, only much more yellowed and ready for a dumpster.

Just to add to the fun, apparently this system was also taken over by ADT at some point. Not sure how they re-programmed it???

- Chris

Reply to
Chris
Loading thread data ...

You can't go by the keypad look. From the look of the panel can, it's a BHS-2000 series circa 1995-2001.

Obviously. You'll also want a siren, the old panels used speakers and a built-in siren driver.

Tell the customer to keep the panel and KP just in case Broadview asks. Chances are slim to none that they will, unless the Cx broke their contract.

I doubt that's true, ADT corporate would not do that.

An independant ADT "authorized dealer" I wouldn't put it past though. They probably had a programmer ripped off by a former emplyee, or they bought one on the 'underground' market.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Well I've taken over older... still borderline antique though.

Thanks, I'll be sure to check that and not be too surprised if it doesn't work.

I would assume it was a dealer takeover as it's a residential account. The other option is they just changed decals, told them to cancel with Brinks, started billing them for non-existant monitoring, and hoped the alarm never went off. Sadly, I've seen this done (not by ADT).

- Chris

Reply to
Chris

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.