How do I program a custom message instead of Fault 02 for ademco 20p

When I open a door, the keypad shows "Fault 02". I would like it to show "Door Open". Is there any way to do that? If so, please step me through it. I suspect is has something to do with the Custom Alpha prompt in *56 but the manual doesn't cover it.

Thanks

Vincent

Reply to
Vincent
Loading thread data ...

What keypad do you have?

Yes custom alpha programming. It's at *82 The word Door = 057 and Open = 138 dunno why you'd use the word Open though.

But you need an alpha display keypad...6160 etc.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Thanks, I'll look into it. I have a 6160 keypad.

I have a zone for the front of the house and a zone for the back of the house. The fault message appears when any of the contacts (doors or windows) is open. The control panel knows from the *56 configuration that the zone is an entry door or perimeter zone. I don't know why it doesn't use that instead of Fault 02.

Crash Gord> What keypad do you have?

Reply to
Vincent

Nope...it'll tell ya the zone number as default...not the zone type. It's pretty easy to program the alpha words, you should have no prblm.

| > Yes custom alpha programming. It's at *82 | > The word Door = 057 and Open = 138 dunno why you'd use the word Open though. | >

| > But you need an alpha display keypad...6160 etc. | >

| >

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Reply to
Vincent

Let me be more specific

*82 menu, Alpha Yes, Custom No. What are the keystrokes for zone 02, "Lower Rear Perimeter"? The problem is that I don't know the key to accept each word and the key to exit the editor.

Thanks,

Reply to
Vincent

Never mind guys. The instructions that came with my panel sucked. I found a better copy online and it actually explains what to do. Thanks for all the help.

Reply to
Vincent

its pretty easy once you figure out which keys to use...sorry wasnt around. any word that is not in the default list you have to create a custom word...and theres a limit to how many custom words you can create (cant remember at the moment but it's not many...maybe 6 or so)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.