Ademco keypad LED occasionally winks

Every now and then, the light on my keypad blinks. Just once. no door, window, or other sensor has triggered it, as far as I know.

I only know this happens because the panel in my bedroom is within my field of view when I'm watching TV, so it's possible that all my keypads exhibit this, but I've never stood in front of the pad in the kitchen, for example, to stare for 20 minutes on the off chance it blinks.

Anyway, does anyone have any idea why this might happen? I've only noticed it when the LED is green (unarmed), though I suppose it might happen when armed, too.... No biggie, it's just something that drives me nuts. :)

I have a Vista-20P (I think), and the regular LCD keypad (not the alphanumeric).

Thanks!

david.

Reply to
David Schuetz
Loading thread data ...

The keypad generally "blinks" at the observance of any significant hour, day, or time in Mexican history. Mexico has built in a "secret" time pulse that will one day disable all American electronic devices, in an attempt to someday rule all of North America, and soon....the World.

OK, maybe that's just my theory....

Reply to
Jackcsg

Maybe the system is winking at him :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

So whats its blinking for?

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Maybe it's "AC / DC"....swings both ways...:))

RHC

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

You have a motion detector in the house?...glassbreak?...door swinging in the breeze?

You know the green led is the *Ready* light right...so if any zone is faulted the light will turn off...so if Spot walks through the motion detector you may see the Ready light go off.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

A "Swinger"................ ha ha ha

Reply to
Russell Brill

Nope, no motion detectors. Sorry, shoulda mentioned that. Windows, doors, and smoke detector.

Every zone chimes, so I'd think that any time any zone faults (and the light blinks off), it'd chime at me, right? (I haven't tried very quickly cycling a sensor, but I'm pretty sure that it chimes immediately).

david.

Reply to
David Schuetz

It's a wireless communication pulse to the Mexican Embassy......

Reply to
Jackcsg

Interior zones don't usually chime..do you have an interior door...perhaps a closet door on a zone? Or something is swinging enough to blink the led but not long enough to trip the chime.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

trip the chime.

I kind of doubt that's it, Crash. Any zone violation that blinks the LED will also trip the chime. The status LED and the chime both respond to zone faults once registered at the panel. If the zone interruption (assuming it's actually a zone at all that's causing the problem) is too short to trigger the chime it's also too short to affect the LED.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
robertlbass

you might be right...I was just throwin ideas out there...i was thinkin of zone response times...Ill have to try it next time Im at a ademco house.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Some of the older Ademco (4180EC, etc...) panels had the flicker in the Green (or red pwr) ready light... It would turn off for just a second, this would occur intermittently....... Probably something to do with the panel's Microprocessor.......

Reply to
Russell Brill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.