17 years ago
If someone could assist us I would be grateful.
We have a Nortel BCM 400, The problem we have is the administration
password was lost.
I am able to run a system backup and it sends the backup to d:\\XYZ.
My questions are:
1) Can one wipe and reload the BCM OS and then load the backup .? I
presume that the OS is on C and D is not cleared when formating.
2) How does one do this. The company that installed the BCM I think is
not giving us good advice here.
3) Does the Telnet through the com port on the BCM require the same
admin password or can it be reset from there.
4) Are there hard drives in the system that I can place in another pc
and run tools to reset the windows password. Does the BCM use windows
5) Should the OS or upgrade be proided by nortel. ?
I am very computer literate and would like to reload the OS myself and
restore the backup. Unfortunately our vendor is offering to fix it at
a exorbitant cost. I feel we are being exploited just to reset a
Nortel says I have to contact my vendor.
TIA: Any advice would be appreciated.