Compass Software

I had a feeling it musta been Kay...Jim was too busy climbing that rock wall.

:-)))

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

And thats all it really has to do.

Here's the problem, as a company (big or small) do you put a large amount of time and money into software development for a downloading package that will only be used by less than 5% of alarm installers? While many here do download panels most do not which is why the stuff we use would be considered ancient by any Windows programmer.

BTW: This scenario isn't something I dreamed up, it came from several manufacturers

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Probably because a lot of companies like going out on service calls so they can charge the client for something simple. I'm too lazy, or maybe too ethical, to charge someone for a simple zone change or code change or delay time change..whatever, if I can do it from here.

I DO hope when they redo Compass that it's more homogenious instead of different "modules" for different manufacturer's panels they've acquired...and they throughly test it before releasing - I HATE being the beta test dummy.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I don't think you will ever see them get around the "module" stuff since that makes it easy to add panels, Compass is being developed in India these days so who knows what they will come up with but if I had to guess it'll look and act identical but be 32-bit capable.

As far as why not many download that partly comes from the fact many dealers will send a tech because thats what they've always done and also many people just aren't computer literate.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Come on, they cant spare a couple programmers on salary to take care of that, i mean they already have all the functions and subs in the code, all they have to do is make a better GUI, and clean up the existing code some more ... doesnt take much. If a 1 man company can do it, im sure a huge conglomarate like cunnywell can .. :-)

Basically what they did is just buy the company and inherit the software, but they dont want to support it, if they were supporting it, they would upgrade the code and provide updates.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

If keypad programming is not locked out sure you can...on the newer panels

*96 wipes the CSID.
Reply to
Crash Gordon

Sure you can on any Ademco panel that I know of

Reply to
Mark Leuck

NO, you cannot default the CSID at the keypad - only the central station can do it.

Reply to
<thesatguy1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.