Compass Software

ha ha good point aaand I can smack the monitor without worrying about it hitting me back

Reply to
mikey
Loading thread data ...

and...turn the modem volume down...forward the fones to ans service...and program away!!

| >

| >

| > | >

| > | > > > Their use of upload/download is also confusing...to me you upload | to | > a | > | > > > server, download to my computer,,,,opposite of what they | > have...minor | > | > > issue | > | > > > but I have to think everything if I'm doing it right (or look at | the | > | > > bottom | > | > > > of the screen to confirm). | > | > > >

| > | > > >

| > | > > >

| > | > > >

| > | > >

| > | > >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

No joy as in what? Does it not test when it's supposed to?

have...minor

Reply to
Mark Leuck

he mussee shaking in his pants! LOL

ADI ... them peeps cant even speak english in Florida ... and ademco int ... arghhhh ...

glad im not in the alarm industry no more, I can tell it like it is, the Ademco Florida Distributors are FOS, especially them down in Miami ...

I buy everything from up north now ... miami is a let down to america.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

old panel?

| > > >

| > > > > > Their use of upload/download is also confusing...to me you upload | to | > a | > > > > > server, download to my computer,,,,opposite of what they | > have...minor | > > > > issue | > > > > > but I have to think everything if I'm doing it right (or look at | the | > > > > bottom | > > > > > of the screen to confirm). | > > > > >

| > > > > >

| > > > > >

| > > > > >

| > > > >

| > > > >

| > > >

| > > >

| > >

| > >

| >

| >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

no, it insists on testing 12 hours from the download or the keypad entry. When you look at the schedule, it appears that you can edit the time but it does not stick.

Reply to
mikey

what about cctvoutlet in miami? they're not so bad huh? Joey is okey.

Reply to
moe

how are you setting the test...with a scheduled event?

| >

| > | > > >

| > | > > > > "Crash Gordon" wrote in | message | > | > > > > news:cZ91f.6$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net... | > | > > > > > And the fact that you cant just change a code and upload...you | > | gotta | > | > > > send | > | > > > > > everything. | > | > > > > >

| > | > > > > > Their use of upload/download is also confusing...to me you | > upload | > | to | > | > a | > | > > > > > server, download to my computer,,,,opposite of what they | > | > have...minor | > | > > > > issue | > | > > > > > but I have to think everything if I'm doing it right (or look | at | > | the | > | > > > > bottom | > | > > > > > of the screen to confirm). | > | > > > > >

| > | > > > > >

| > | > > > > >

| > | > > > > >

| > | > > > >

| > | > > > >

| > | > > >

| > | > > >

| > | > >

| > | > >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | > | | >

| >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Nabob, vista15pcn, don't use a lot of them but last 3 I bought this summer do the same thing. I just do the workaround thing but maddening nonetheless. I can pick a time with DSC and download just that. Compass is so tedious, I'm just not getting the hang of it, I keep forgeting to close communication before trying to exit, I never remember which way to connect that works reliably, things like that, drives me nuts but I like the panels and the wireless.

Reply to
mikey

nonetheless.

communication

Oh hell mikey thats the problem, you use the Canadian version of the 15P :)

As far as the speed of the download it's only slow the first time you upload it, after that its fairly fast

Reply to
Mark Leuck

i dunno, i dont buy the type of gear they carry, i only sell high quality equipment.

I was talking about distributors though, which they arent really.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

yea they're more of factory outlet. rory was touting them as one of the better buys for their nubix dvr's made by eclipse, which by the way I have tried and so far seem to be good buys. only down side I can see is inability to prog one speed for normal record and then increase ips when motion is detected. it's either motion record all the way or manual record or timer. Just curious but why would you classify them as not high quality? Something I should know? by the way, how come you two have the same email address?

Reply to
moe

AH!! He didn't take the conversion rate into account! Very good.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

They are generally the Eclipse CCTV reps. Eclipse buys and rebadges OEM products. Among a couple other products. But not a security distributor such as ADI, Silmar, A1, etc. who sell all the big brands, as well as alarms, etc.

the nubix and the 16 channel Mpeg 4 are the only 2 decent DVRs they really sell, right now. They still arent considered high end, as they lack alot of features of DVRs that cost more than double the price in the same ranges - eg. GE Security DVRs, and others. The PC DVRs they sell are/were digiflower, cheap gear with alot of issues, they have moved on now to a linux PC based DVR with less features, but less issues, will see how it goes.

The nubix is Active-Tek - Korean, the 16 channel Mpeg4 they just started to sell, is AvTech - Taiwan. The Active-Tek, the one you have, actually has more features than the other unit, id consider it a better quality unit actually. Problem is Active-Tek doesnt make 8 or 16 channel units yet, but they are apparently in the works. The Active-tek unit is a decent unit for the price, cause when you step up to the GE 4 channel it costs much more, and ive used the other 4 channels in the same price range as the Active-tek and they are junk compared to that unit.

The cameras though are very low quality products. Mass manufactured and sold by many other companies branding them with their name - OEMs.

They are targeting budget jobs is all. If all the client can afford is that, then thats what they will have to buy, once they realise there are higher quality cameras out there, more money, but at least they were given the choice. Personally there isnt enough money in those type of jobs for me, nor most others in the industry, without us bringing in the cameras from Asia ourselves, and i know all of the manufacturers so that may be in the near future.

Send r o r y a PM on the forum and he will explain.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Not initially, I just click on the Daily button (forget which screen just now) and then go and adjust the time on the schedule.

Reply to
mikey

You all can't brag about that the way you used to. Our dollar looks pretty good these days. Wasn't there a time just after the Croation period where our dollar was actually worth more than yours?

Reply to
mikey

ahah, so I shouldn't be using the first time connect , cross fingers checkbox every time I try to connect? Sometimes it just seems the only one that works.

>
Reply to
mikey

are you setting the panel's clock?

| >

| > | >

| > | > | > > >

| > | > | > > > > "Crash Gordon" wrote in | > | message | > | > | > > > > news:cZ91f.6$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net... | > | > | > > > > > And the fact that you cant just change a code and | > upload...you | > | > | gotta | > | > | > > > send | > | > | > > > > > everything. | > | > | > > > > >

| > | > | > > > > > Their use of upload/download is also confusing...to me you | > | > upload | > | > | to | > | > | > a | > | > | > > > > > server, download to my computer,,,,opposite of what they | > | > | > have...minor | > | > | > > > > issue | > | > | > > > > > but I have to think everything if I'm doing it right (or | > look | > | at | > | > | the | > | > | > > > > bottom | > | > | > > > > > of the screen to confirm). | > | > | > > > > >

| > | > | > > > > >

| > | > | > > > > >

| > | > | > > > > >

| > | > | > > > >

| > | > | > > > >

| > | > | > > >

| > | > | > > >

| > | > | > >

| > | > | > >

| > | > | >

| > | > | >

| > | > | | > | > | | > | > | | > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | > | | >

| >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Croation Period? That anything like the Bosnian or Serb period?

| >

| >

15P | > :) | > | | > | As far as the speed of the download it's only slow the first time you | > upload | > | it, after that its fairly fast | > | | > | | > | | >

| >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

That would be the Your Always Wrong Period Period.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.