Compass Software

Try it on an area system sometime. There isn't any Perimeter selection, just All or Number. Example: office/warehouse system with more than one perimeter door in the office. Your choices are: put all zones, including motions, on zone monitor, or put each individual zone on zone monitor, by number, each time you want to use the feature. Dumb.

- badenov

Reply to
Nomen Nescio
Loading thread data ...

f's mean it's empty you're not using CSID.

it's a lock code so someone with Compass can't hack into client panel...it's not visible in manual programming on the newer panels but it's there and visible when you connect with Compass - it'll be all F's if you're not using it.

Let's say you do a takeover and don't clear the csid with *96 then even you cannot remotely connect with Compass because the old company may have been using csid...but you got into programming on site because keypad programming was NOT disabled. You'd have to go back out and manually clear the CSID, then back to the office and use Compass to connect. (I've done this a couple of times)

| > after that I use Account Number selection - I don't use the CSID since no | > one could contact it without an account number and no one knows that but | me. | > Then I lock keypad programming. That should be good enough right? | >

| >

| > | > > Oh hell mikey thats the problem, you use the Canadian version of the | > 15P | > | > :) | > | > >

| > | > > As far as the speed of the download it's only slow the first time | you | > | > upload | > | > > it, after that its fairly fast | > | > >

| > | >

| > | > ahah, so I shouldn't be using the first time connect , cross fingers | > | > checkbox every time I try to connect? Sometimes it just seems the only | > one | > | > that works. | > | | > | The first time connect is used if you don't have a CSID programmed into | > the | > | panel, if you did then you'd use the other selection | > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

not sure i'm not by my compass machine right now.

manually it's code#64 or #63 cant remember..not enough beer...one is for schedules, the other for setting the clock. I THINK if you do test by schedules (rather than the quickie way) then you may need to set the clock. Mark will know...I'm not at the orifice right now...sorry.

| >

| >

| > | >

| > | > | >

| > | > | > | > > >

| > | > | > | > > > > "Crash Gordon" wrote | in | > | > | message | > | > | > | > > > > news:cZ91f.6$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net... | > | > | > | > > > > > And the fact that you cant just change a code and | > | > upload...you | > | > | > | gotta | > | > | > | > > > send | > | > | > | > > > > > everything. | > | > | > | > > > > >

| > | > | > | > > > > > Their use of upload/download is also confusing...to me | > you | > | > | > upload | > | > | > | to | > | > | > | > a | > | > | > | > > > > > server, download to my computer,,,,opposite of what | they | > | > | > | > have...minor | > | > | > | > > > > issue | > | > | > | > > > > > but I have to think everything if I'm doing it right | (or | > | > look | > | > | at | > | > | > | the | > | > | > | > > > > bottom | > | > | > | > > > > > of the screen to confirm). | > | > | > | > > > > >

| > | > | > | > > > > >

| > | > | > | > > > > >

| > | > | > | > > > > >

| > | > | > | > > > >

| > | > | > | > > > >

| > | > | > | > > >

| > | > | > | > > >

| > | > | > | > >

| > | > | > | > >

| > | > | > | >

| > | > | > | >

| > | > | > | | > | > | > | | > | > | > | | > | > | >

| > | > | >

| > | > | | > | > | | > | > | | > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I think it stands for central station id.

| > it's a lock code so someone with Compass can't hack into client | panel...it's | > not visible in manual programming on the newer panels but it's there and | > visible when you connect with Compass - it'll be all F's if you're not | using | > it. | >

| > Let's say you do a takeover and don't clear the csid with *96 then even | you | > cannot remotely connect with Compass because the old company may have been | > using csid...but you got into programming on site because keypad | programming | > was NOT disabled. You'd have to go back out and manually clear the CSID, | > then back to the office and use Compass to connect. (I've done this a | couple | > of times) | >

| >

| >

| >

| > | > after that I use Account Number selection - I don't use the CSID | since | > no | > | > one could contact it without an account number and no one knows that | but | > | me. | > | > Then I lock keypad programming. That should be good enough right? | > | >

| > | >

| > | > | > > Oh hell mikey thats the problem, you use the Canadian version of | > the | > | > 15P | > | > | > :) | > | > | > >

| > | > | > > As far as the speed of the download it's only slow the first | time | > | you | > | > | > upload | > | > | > > it, after that its fairly fast | > | > | > >

| > | > | >

| > | > | > ahah, so I shouldn't be using the first time connect , cross | fingers | > | > | > checkbox every time I try to connect? Sometimes it just seems the | > only | > | > one | > | > | > that works. | > | > | | > | > | The first time connect is used if you don't have a CSID programmed | > into | > | > the | > | > | panel, if you did then you'd use the other selection | > | > | | > | > | | > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | >

| >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

For Pete's sake... I thought it was something for CallerID or some such. It's just a panel access code. Jeeeeez, glad I don't have too many of them, guess I better get my ass in gear... thanks

panel...it's

Reply to
mikey

It's too long...and is missing some practical issues.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

....and Honeywell must be outsourcing tech help, cause I spent at least 15 minutes on the phone with them this evening and I musta said huh, what, would you repeat that...at least 30 times. Either my english has gone south or they ain't speakin' the same dialect.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

mikey there is this thing called a "manual" that comes in pdf form available from the "manufacturer".

I have to say this and it may offend many here but it's one thing to use software and another to USE software and it doesn't take much poking around to figure out how things work.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

You have to manually set the clock, the software does not do it although it will adjust the year on V15P20P panels due to that year bug they had a while back. It does not however set the actual time

wrote

confusing...to

Reply to
Mark Leuck

We all had this fun debate years ago (anyone remember Jake?). In my opinion the CSID is far more important on panels such as DSC than it is with Ademco since you do have to know the account on Ademco but don't with DSC to connect.

I personally don't care for CSID's in fact it ends up being a problem later when a dealer sells the accounts, if I find a panel with one set I always change it to default

Reply to
Mark Leuck

mikey exactly how long have you been downloading panels?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

They run it out of Tennessee so I can see the problem you are having understanding them :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

CSIDs

cant say it doesnt suck

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Subject: Re: Compass Software Newsgroup: alt.security.alarms => Frank Olson They use "the Force", young whipper-snapper... Mind you, you may call

I hope you don't talk to it in front of your customers.... They'll take you away ha- ha- he- he- who- who --

Reply to
G. Morgan

Subject: Re: Compass Software Newsgroup: alt.security.alarms => Crash Gordon Sorry they doo, I was thinking of the Remote Key on DMP. Yah they do know

Okey-dokey.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Try RTFM!! Sheesh!!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

As long as they stay on *their* side of the counter, I talk to 'em any way I want... :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Tennessee???? This wasn't no southern accent ! :-)))

Seriously, it was embarassing, he sounded like a nice guy and probably (maybe) knew what he was talking about...but I couldn't understand half of what he was saying. I ended up calling back later and got someone who spoke my dialect.

15 | > minutes on the phone with them this evening and I musta said huh, what, | > would you repeat that...at least 30 times. Either my english has gone | south | > or they ain't speakin' the same dialect. | | They run it out of Tennessee so I can see the problem you are having | understanding them :) | | |
Reply to
Crash Gordon

Why would you *not* use it?? That's like leaving the "barn door" open... I've never had the problem "Crash" had with an employee in the 22 years I've been in the business and I sincerely hope I never will. I've worked with companies that employed a single installer code for all their systems and often wondered (at the time) what "the other guys" did. We use a formula based on the account code so that every installer code is unique. That info is downloaded to the panel when it's first booted up. The installers test it in and that's that.

Reply to
Frank Olson

cost me 9 bucks at Kinkos to have it printed...I was outta toner.

| > I have to say this and it may offend many here but it's one thing to use | > software and another to USE software and it doesn't take much poking | around | > to figure out how things work. | >

| >

| > > >

| > > >

| > > > | >

| > > > | > | >

| > > > | > | > | > > >

| > > > | > | > | > > > > "Crash Gordon" | wrote | > > in | > > > | > | message | > > > | > | > | > > > > news:cZ91f.6$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net... | > > > | > | > | > > > > > And the fact that you cant just change a code and | > > > | > upload...you | > > > | > | > | gotta | > > > | > | > | > > > send | > > > | > | > | > > > > > everything. | > > > | > | > | > > > > >

| > > > | > | > | > > > > > Their use of upload/download is also | confusing...to | > me | > > > you | > > > | > | > upload | > > > | > | > | to | > > > | > | > | > a | > > > | > | > | > > > > > server, download to my computer,,,,opposite of | what | > > they | > > > | > | > | > have...minor | > > > | > | > | > > > > issue | > > > | > | > | > > > > > but I have to think everything if I'm doing it | right | > > (or | > > > | > look | > > > | > | at | > > > | > | > | the | > > > | > | > | > > > > bottom | > > > | > | > | > > > > > of the screen to confirm). | > > > | > | > | > > > > >

| > > > | > | > | > > > > >

| > > > | > | > | > > > >

| > > > | > | > | > > > >

| > > > | > | > | > > >

| > > > | > | > | > > >

| > > > | > | > | > >

| > > > | > | > | > >

| > > > | > | > | >

| > > > | > | > | >

| > > > | > | > | | > > > | > | > | | > > > | > | > | | > > > | > | >

| > > > | > | >

| > > > | > | | > > > | > | | > > > | > | | > > > | >

| > > > | >

| > > > | | > > > | | > > > | | > > >

| > > >

| > >

| > >

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.