Zone Alarm ver 6 startup problem

I uninstalled ZA vers. 5 something via add/remove programs. I downloaded and installed ZA 6.0.631.003. All went well except that I can't get it to run at startup, despite having that option checked in Preferences. There is an item in my startup list (seen by running MS Config) that is checked to start "C:\\Program Files\\Zone Labs\\ZoneAlarm\\zlclient.exe" but that doesn't get things going. Otherwise program seems to run fine if I start it manually by running the program in the listed in the startup after getting the computer going.

System is Windows XP SP1.

Thanks, Chet

Reply to
CGB
Loading thread data ...

downloaded

Did you remember to uncheck "Load ZoneAlarmPro at Startup" before you uninstalled it? Could be your Msconfig entry is left from the old install if you didn't. Check it out at the Forums from the link inside the Help information. If the new update has issues, you can learn about them there also. Good luck. charlie R

Reply to
charlie R

downloaded

Did you remember to uncheck "Load ZoneAlarmPro at Startup" before you uninstalled it? Could be your Msconfig entry is left from the old install if you didn't. Check it out at the Forums from the link inside the Help information. If the new update has issues, you can learn about them there also. Good luck. charlie R

Reply to
charlie R

Charlie R, Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure I had unchecked the item you mentioned. I have gotten the problem resolved by a lot of researcing and experimenting. I run Spybot Search and Destroy. If the immunization portion of that program is on, ZA doesn't load right. I unimmunized, reset ZA, and it works fine. I then reimmunized Spybot and all is still well.

Thanks.

Chet

">

Reply to
CGB

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.