How do I turn on XP firewall

I just installed SP2 to my Windows XP system. When doing this, it noted presence of ZoneAlarm Free vers. and didn't turn on the XP firewall. After loading it all, ZoneAlarm stopped working, i.e. won't load on startup. I'll search that out later but in the meantime, how do I get the Windows XP firewall to run? I've looked all over the place for the program Start>All Programs, etc. etc. and can't see where you go to turn it on.

Thanks

Chet

Reply to
CGB
Loading thread data ...

Microsoft gets very insistent you use THEIR firewall, if you are going to use your machine as a network gateway. If I turn the Microsoft firewall off, none of the machines behind my gateway m machine can get either the network, or the Internet, but when I turn Windows Firewall back on, the machines can get the network again.

Microsoft has fixed it where either you use their XP firewall, or a lot of things wont run. That comes with the latest security updates, though I cannot figure out which one.

Reply to
Charles Newman

Control Panel->Windows Firewall

Reply to
Troy Piggins

Troy, I knew turning the XP firewall on/off had to be simple but I just didn't see it!! Thanks.

Charles, understand your comments. I've got to dig around a little and find out what this rather unique problem with ZA is all about.

Chet

Reply to
CGB

Some kind soul responded to my questions re: Zone Alarm problems after SP2 update. The response came from the zone alarm forums. It works.

***** This is a glitch that happens for some, not all, with the installation of ZA, SP2 and Windows ... for some reason Windows gets confused with ZoneAlarm and Zone.Com and there are various reasons why, but there are a couple of solutions ... I hope this one helps ... BB In Windows Explorer go to My Computer > Local Disk ( C: ) > Program Files > Zone.Com > Zone Deluxe Games ... now drag and drop the Zone Deluxe Games Folder into the Folder labeled Program Files ... now delete the Zone.Com Folder ... Zone Alarm should now load without any problems and the Zone.Com Folder will not show-up any longer

Chet

Reply to
CGB

sdfaaaaaaaaaaaaafsdf

Reply to
louise

Good idea.

Remove Zonealarm.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.