ZoneAlarm 6 and McAfee VirusScan PC startup problem

Hi,

I have updated to ZonAlarm 6 and ever since I have had repeated long delays during startup. The log tells me that my McAfee anti-virus software keeps timing out. If I don't load ZoneAlarm at startup and jusr manually run it when everything has settled down, all is fine. My McAfee is completely up-to-date.

Any ideas?

Vic

Reply to
Vic Russell
Loading thread data ...

Yes. You could drop Zonealarm, and just using the Windows-Firewall.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

McAfee virusscan is not fully compatible with Zone Alarm. Try to disable buffer overflow in McAfee and test if the problem still occurs. When you say up-to-date, I reckon you have applied patch 10 for McAfee.

Mike

Cranky Dude wrote:

Reply to
miksilo

I have experienced exactly the same thing on several machines I support ever since upgrading to ZA Pro 6 when it was first released. Eventually McAfee will start up and everything will run normally but for the first several minutes there is some sort of conflict. I believe it may be related to the new anti-spyware feature of ZA however, disabling that feature does not solve the problem. ZA says to solve the problem you have to totally remove ZA and do a clean install, however, I did that and it didn't help.

CD

Reply to
Cranky Dude

Hello,

What McAfee virusscan version have you got ? I have the same problem with VirusScan 8.0 (it seems csrss.exe attempts to stop mcshield.exe and that freezes the computer during a long time) and apparently the problem is not occured with Virusscan 7.1... If you have more informations...

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com a écrit :

Reply to
vince1008

I'm using McAfee Enterprise 8.0i with patch 10 installed.

Disabling buffer overflow does NOT solve the problem. The computer freezes while ZA is trying to start. It then happens approximately 3 times more, each time for about a minute. McAfee has a red slash through it for one of the freezes. If I catch ZA at the beginning of the boot sequence and prevent it from starting, then there are no freeze ups. Then at a later time, say 5 or ten minutes later, I can start up ZA and there are no problems.

CD

Reply to
Cranky Dude

What happens, if you disable Zonealarm?

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

If I disable ZA, then the computer starts up normally and there are no freeze-ups.

CD

Reply to
Cranky Dude

Have you tried out the Windows-Firewall? If that works, maybe you'll have your solution ;-)

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

I had the same delay problem with ZA Pro 6. But I had no Antivirus Software running in parallel, so in my opinion ZA alone is the reason for the delay time on start up. I might be wrong, but I think, ZA checks at every start the hash sums of programs and libraries, wich were listed in its database.

Finally I switched ZA off, since I got a lot of windows with messages, I didn't understand. I closed all ports including 137-139 and 445 and switched on the XP-Pro firewall.

But with the XP firewall i got a new problem - My internet connection (it is a isdn-connection) interrupts after a period of time and I have to establish the connection again. Any idea what this problem might be?

Klaas

Reply to
Klaus Petrat

I recently upgraded to the new version 6 of the free version of ZA, which I understand to be identical to the ZAPro version download apart from some modules being disabled. It would appear from the problems that people are reporting on the Zone Labs forum (upgrade and installation problems section) that the symptoms that you describe are being experienced by many people. My machine running Windows XP and IE would connect to the Internet after I upgraded to ZA V6, but would suddenly be unable to download pages. This would normally be within a 10-minute time period but was also random at times.

In my case it appears that the V6 install programme was not able to complete its installation and the application reported 'System Error - reboot required' in the console. After no joy with rebooting and re-installing, I used the advice from Zone Labs forum to do a manual clean un-install. One of the files listed to be removed was the ZA file named 'vsdatant' located in the Windows/System32 directory. I tried to delete this and Windows reported that it was being used. I re-booted in safe mode and still something was apparently using the file. I finally had to mount the drive in an external case, take it around to my neighbour's machine and delete the file. On replacing the drive into my machine all was OK, so it appears that the vsdatant file is the problem. On my machine it also prevented my network from operating and this has also recovered now.

I have now reinstalled the version 5.5 of ZA and all is OK. I will not be upgrading to the version 6 which seems to have major problems.

Hope this helps solve your problem,

Reply to
Eric D

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.